What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Warriors are Due

merrit man

Juniors
Massive test for South Sydney next week.
Warriors coming off too shocking performances and SOuths coming off a lucky win and a brilliant defnesive win.
Next Sunday will be a cracker, warriors due and back at home after two weeks away. Souths travel again after already heading to perth during the year.
Biggest challenge will be shutting down offloads which we have struggled with this year. Our missed tackle are down on last year and we are still conceding a few metres but impressive defensive efforts last week are signs of whats to come.
We will prob be heading in with a light pack. geddes pettybourne taylor lowe clark peats isaac maybe neccrom mcqueen and tyrell this will test our tactics we wont be able to roll over them.
we need to just do what the raiders did, play around them and we will have great success with GI sweeping and sutton attacking edges with our centres
Im keen to see how we go

Big Sam

First Grade
Wests were 'due' too.

We have a decent recent record over there. Won in 08 and 09 and have lost the last three by 2, 2, and 6 points. Our Kiwi guys like Issac and Eddy will fire up too. Don't forget they'll pick the NZ team after the game so there's no better chance to press for selection than against the Warriors.

burgo bunny

Juniors
Take your point and that's normally the problem with our side, it's the games we should win we don't.

DC_fan

Coach
Don't worry, be happy because we have nothing to worry about. Just as long as we play like we did on Friday.

aargon

Don't worry, be happy because we have nothing to worry about. Just as long as we play like we did on Friday.

... and just as long as the warriors play like they did on Sunday. :shock:

Always look on the bright side of life.

Fast Eddie

First Grade
Yeah Locke should have plenty of tackle attempts on GI as he strolls through Johnson and Ropatis first line of defense.

Big Sam

First Grade
I've read somewhere that this will be the club's 1000th win should it occur. Yet no-one in the media/from the club has mentioned it. Surely that would add some extra motivation for the players?

BunniesMan

Immortal
I wonder how many people that matter (in the club/media) even know about it. Someone could email the club or even one of the major papers if they have a link to proof of the stat. The paper has articles in it every day with less important crap.

Big Sam

First Grade
Well in the Season Review/Annual I remember reading that we finished 2011 on 996. So add the 3 from this season and we're on 999.

I remember such a big fuss and build-up in the Telecrap when the Rorters were on the verge of it in 2007. Why not the same for us?

Maybe the quickest way to contact the club would be through Twitter or FB?

Big Sam

First Grade
Ok I just dug this up from 2007 thanks to google:
http://forums.leagueunlimited.com/showthread.php?t=169864

So, after 26/4 when Timmah posted that, we had 8 wins in 2007.
In 2008, we won 8.
In 2009, it was 11 wins.
In 2010, we won 11.
Last year, it was 11 wins, and so far this year, it's 3.

Therefore 947 + 8 + 8 + 11 + 11 + 11 + 3 = 999

How come everyone has missed this?