What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Replacements for Gallen and Carney

Who do you think will come into the team to replace these two over the SOO period?

I think Tafua, Green or Friz will be the likely candidates for Gal..

More interested in how we handle the halves.. Is Townsend likely to be back from injury then? If he is, do you put him at half and robo at 5/8 or vice versa? If Townsend isn't fit then who comes in? Maybe Morris into the halves for continuity? Hard decision that one... Thoughts?

carcharias

Immortal
wade graham and robo.

although I am getting worried WG might get a SOO utility spot the way injuries are.
degois might get a mention as well.

is he a blue?

I must admit I completely forgot about Graham as an option..

That makes it even harder.. Love Graham as a forward playing on the left edge..

I'm just concerned about Townsend and what might be the fall out if he's fit but doesn't slot into the halves..

He would have every right to be even more pissed off than he probably is now..

We lose flair, creativity and kicking game with Carney.

Must replace him with best option that fulfills that.

It's Chad Townsend.

Leave Graham at lock forward to continue his development there.

In Gallen we lose everything!!

Not replaceable.

Strangely enough I'd put Taga in the second row starting spot.

I know he's been the least effective forward in the team this year.

But this could be the kick starts he needs.

Bring Frizzell on the bench or Taufua.

stevie013

Juniors
a few saying frizzel. id leave him where he is. he has signed with someone else. we dont need him in first grade getting more experience if he is only going to play 2 or 3 games, we are not that desperate that we need him to play.

id go with chad at 5/8, and wade to lock, taufua onto bench.

id say it will more than likely be wade to 5/8 and taufua onto bench for minimal disruptions as some have already said.

Gallen=God

Juniors
This is the opportunity the Sharks need. Chad Townsend and Wade Graham are the future of the club, surely no one would argue that. The Chad goes to five eigth with Robo at half. Wade goes into starting lock, a position he should hold for the next ten years if Flanno is smart. BRING IN PEACHEY!! I don't watch much NSW cup and I'm dying to know what he can do. I also think Taufua should fill the 17th spot.

Gallen=God

Juniors
Why not? He takes the line on like one. Doesn't have quite enough flair but Degois will provide that and I'm pretty sure we will have Stapo back at fullback by then. He's got a brilliant kicking and passing game and he can kick goals in Carney's absence if Williams doesn't do it (which he bloody well should!). I'm also keen to see him and Mills together. In all the games of first grade the two have played, they are still yet to play together

cb4

First Grade
I'd leave wade in th pigs, I would start him at lock, and bring Friz/Peach on the bench.

Chad should come into the team at 5/8.

Special K

Coach
I’d run with 1. Wright 2. Mills 3. Best 4. Pomeroy 5. Williams 6. Townsend 7. Robson 8. Gibbs 9. De Gois 10. Ross 11. Bukuya 12. Smith 13. Graham 14. Fifita 15. Taga 16. Morris 17. Tuafua

Graham can go 80 at lock, Townsend can try and create. Though I wouldn’t be surprised if Wright went to 6 and Ike came in as FB. I don’t like the idea of Graham at 6 with Robson which would mean someone like Taga would have to start.

A problem we had when we only had Graham and Carney was the lack of kicking options we had. Townsend helps out here and gives us 3 last tackle options

wolverine

Juniors
If Townsend didn't work at 5/8, John Morris might be a stop gap before Carney returns. Morris has definitely played there before and can do a solid job of it.

Windy70

Juniors
Hoping to see Chad go in to the 6. I see Chad and Carney as our long term halves. If all goes well and we can keep Todd that is. (Bring on the Development)

Gal will be missed but I think he has that much respect in the team, the other forwards will all lift that extra 20% to help compensate.

webShark

Can Chad play 5/8? I thought someone mentioned in another thread that he use to be a 5/8?

Won all his premierships in the juniors at 5/8. Sharks converted him to a HB. I know it was at a lower level. But he was always creative at 5/8. From memory the HB at the Tigers was Jarrod Boyle (now at the Dragons)

Breadman

Juniors
If Souths start the game like they did last week, defensively we'll have our hands full for the first 20. I'd start Morris at 6, chuck Townsend on the bench and switch Morris to hooker when De Gois has a rest.

webShark

If Souths start the game like they did last week, defensively we'll have our hands full for the first 20. I'd start Morris at 6, chuck Townsend on the bench and switch Morris to hooker when De Gois has a rest.
Breadman one of us is missing the point. Carney should be available for the Souths game.