What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 18 | Rabbitohs 34-14 Knights @ ANZ | Sun 2.00pm

Round 18 result :: Rabbitohs vs Knights

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Joker's Wild

Coach
Souths have plenty of game up the middle but jeez their outside backs, barring Inglis when he is not being a lazy merkin, are f**king terrible. Against the better sides they will lose them games, mark my words.

The less said about our boys the better but jeez some support for our runners would be nice.

f**king hell

I've never seen a teams fans disrespect a team that has just convincingly beaten them like the majority of Knights fans have in this thread.

I'd get it if it was Easts or Tigers or Dragons fans. But I have no idea why so many Knights fans have such an intense hatred of us. It seems like they hate us more than any other set of fans on LU.

We have bloated contracts due to come off the books in the next year or two, like Asotasi and Crocker. We're saving about 100k in trading in DT for Teo.

After Inglis, Reynolds will be our number #1 resigning priority over the next 18 months. No other club will get near him.

The core of this team is Inglis, Luke, Reynolds and Burgess. We know who we need and who we don't, we've made the right decisions in cap management the last year or two. We'll be fine but thanks for your concern.
How do you know who will get near Reynolds and who won'? I am not suggesting we want him but more the fact he would go well here. You cannot honestly know how he thinks. I think your chances of keeping Inglis are moderate at best. He might say he wants to stay there but he only left Melbourne by circumstance and not choice. Maybe Tinks might may decide he wants to make a call to him personally......... Anyone who gets a player to backout of a done deal the day a press conference is called is not someone who takes no for an answer.

Last edited:

MrSpeaker

Juniors
552449_10151080050782247_1843692802_n.jpg

Apey

Staff member
That banner clearly got under some skins didn't it. Classic :lol:

Frederick

Staff member
Well there you go. They were all gathered around him like he was a school teacher or something, it was a little odd. The other blokes were all on the quiet side

I only recognised Mullen in the group though
There hasn't been a natural leader in the group for a few years. The whole playing group need to spend as much time with Big Willie and Danny as possible. If the rest of our players had even half the passion of those two we would be winning a lot more games

Jobdog

Live Update Team
Anyway, at the risk of being told I have rose-coloured glasses on, here are a few thoughts from today's game (without having seen the replay).

1. I don't think we were that bad. We weren't as good as we have been over the last two weeks, but I think we're underrating Souffs performance. They were good - made us pay for most of our errors.

2. Souffs may have scored six tries, but two of those were from kicks, one was from a steal in the in-goal and another was a BOTD try.

3. We had two tries of our own disallowed.

4. At 34-10 the game could have gotten very ugly very quickly, but full credit to the boys for continuing to have a go. Souths error count from this point did help, but we didn't give up, that's something.

5. Why did it take so long to stop the game following Burgess' hit on O'Donnell?

Zoidberg

First Grade
I think a big problem today, and with many games this year is our ruck speed, or lack of.

Souffs seemed to get much more leniency holding on in tackles than we did. We tried it to start off the 2nd half but got penalized on the last tackle.

Yosh

Coach
Anyway, at the risk of being told I have rose-coloured glasses on, here are a few thoughts from today's game (without having seen the replay).

1. I don't think we were that bad. We weren't as good as we have been over the last two weeks, but I think we're underrating Souffs performance. They were good - made us pay for most of our errors.

2. Souffs may have scored six tries, but two of those were from kicks, one was from a steal in the in-goal and another was a BOTD try.

3. We had two tries of our own disallowed.

4. At 34-10 the game could have gotten very ugly very quickly, but full credit to the boys for continuing to have a go. Souths error count from this point did help, but we didn't give up, that's something.

5. Why did it take so long to stop the game following Burgess' hit on O'Donnell?

Sam accidently headbutted KOD and KOD got knocked out. Blood coming out from the cheek or nose..

Outplayed and outclassed.

But Mullen Jesus....... Is he playing injured because I swear he has been hiding the last 2 months?

Rod

Bench
1 penalty all game, in the second minute, for a high tackle :lol:.

Apparently Uate and Bennett said after the game that the refs called Merritt offside off that grubber and thats why Uate pretty much stopped. I know Uate should have played the whistle etc., but I heard the refs call offside through the TV as well. Not good enough IMO, especially when they went upstairs and he still looked offside.