What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Travis Burns

PinkPanther

Juniors
Wasn't as bad as Inglis' incident IMO, but how long do you think he will get? I will put my money on him getting more weeks than Inglis.

In a way it could be a good thing if he's suspended. It will give coote an extended period in the 6 without burns getting in the way at all.

Stinkler

Juniors
He'll get done for the "Chicken Wing".
And he'll get done for the High Tackle.

If they go down the "intentional" path, he's looking at 5 weeks for a Grade 1.

rem286

Juniors
He will go for both and I think he may have played his last game for 2012 and with the new blood coming in, I think he will struggle to get more than a bench spot next season.

skeepe

Immortal
Grade 1 deliberate high tackle is 550 points. I'm not sure how they grade these, it's the first one I can remember seeing.

Add in any loading, the chicken wing... won't be seeing him again this year.

franklin2323

Immortal
Looking at the tackle by itself. It's no worse then the Kasiano on Moi Moi. What will hurt him is the tackle before he and Kennedy had words. Then that hard to prove it's not intentional. The chicken wing is 1-2 weeks depends on loading. I would say 3 for the tackle so he won't play again this year.

Captain BF

Juniors
While the shot didn't look great, do any of you think Burns being sent off was a reaction to Inglis not being sent off last night when he probably should have been?

age.s

First Grade
f**king Burns, that stunt is probably going to cost me a win in DT this week. :x

Don't think it'll cost us too many wins this year though.

franklin2323

Immortal
While the shot didn't look great, do any of you think Burns being sent off was a reaction to Inglis not being sent off last night when he probably should have been?

It not just Inglis it seems it's a given it's on report. Originally it was on report. The video ref said it was on purpose. My mate had sports ears & heard Burns say something like. C'mon run at me f**king dog. Then the tackle. So no choice really.

Doomednow

Bench
I think there's really no doubt it was malicious and intentional. Deserved to be punished, not sure about the send off, but that might have also had something to do with the prior chicken wing as well. He was being a bit reckless that game.

chrisD

Coach
I doubt it was intentional, he fell into it somewhat. I don't see how anyone can call that intentional, you'd need to be a mind reader to work out intent there. Careless and will get big time.

Big Mick

Referee
I think it was definitely intentional given he was jawing with him all game and even the play before.

Whether intent was there or not, even if it is classified as careless...combined with the chicken wing I think it will be the last we see of Travis this year...and maybe in Penrith colours all together.

Fibroman

First Grade
He should have been given a medal. Anyone that belts a gooster has done well in my books.

Stinkler

Juniors
From www.nrl.com

Penrith Panthers five-eighth Travis Burns is set to miss the rest of the season after he was charged for two separate incidents in his side’s 28-16 victory over the Roosters at Centrebet Stadium on Sunday afternoon.

Burns was charged with a grade two dangerous contact – unnessary arm/shoulder pressure for his chicken-wing style tackle on Roosters forward Mose Masoe and was also slapped with a grade three high tackle – intentional, for his tackle on Roosters forward Martin Kennedy.

Burns was sent-off for his shot on Kennedy, becoming only the second player this season to be given his marching orders after Dragons forward Matt Prior was sent from the field in Round 9.

Burns is facing up to 12 weeks for the high shot on Kennedy and four weeks for the tackle on Masoe.

If the Panthers take the early plea to both charges, the five-eighth would be ruled out for a total of 12 matches.

Its probably the best thing for the development of the side anyway TBH.

interesting to see if the club try to move him on now.

mxlegend99

Referee
12 weeks for the high shot that wasn't much worse then the Inglis one that only got 5 weeks is ridiculous IMO. He just tried laying out a bloke that had been doing dirty sh*t to his team all game, and when he went for the big hit the bloke had fallen a little into it and it ended up a lot worse then I'm sure Burns expected.

Even with it supposedly being intentional (asking a player to run straight at you before hand and then hitting him high doesn't mean that was your intention), it was certainly nowhere near as bad as the Matt Prior tackle earlier this season. And 4 weeks for the chicken wing tackle? WTF? He already had a sore arm before the game and Burns was one of two defenders involved. It deserved a week at most for that.

Caged Panther

First Grade
I would have thought maybe 8 for the high shot and 2 for the chicken wing, yet again it all depends on who you are and who you play for.

mxlegend99

Referee
Well all you have to do is compare it to the Matt Prior tackle earlier in the season... how is the Burns tackle getting more then double the time on the sidelines to a tackle that was obviously intentional and far more dangerous? :crazy:

Latest posts