What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Travis Burns

Kilkenny

Coach
I like Travis he is a wholehearted player but at his age he has no future in the NRL. Has to be ESL to extend his career and for mine I would hope he secures a contract there.

franklin2323

Immortal
A couple of teams need a hooker. Given we will cover most of his contract. He could be a cheap experienced option. If not ESL will take him.

RedVDave

First Grade
Big Travis Burns fan has plenty of heart and ticker, always wondered how he fair at lock.

The suspension length is a complete joke, from memory does not have the cleanest of records but seriously 16 weeks? Unbelievable!

Also not sure if anyone watched the Saints vs Storm game last night Cronk did a chicken wing tackle on Creagh and did not even get penalised for his efforts.

Anyway good luck tonight guys.

Panfas

Juniors
He would go well at lock IMO. If anything he may be a bit small, just need a few kegs put on. I would love for Penrith to keep him at 13, if we didn't have a star in the making of Blake Ausin

If I was Travis Burns I would be having my manager putting the feelers out in the English Super League. The ESL is his only option of extending his career. At his age he is not going to get another contract in the NRL whereas if he leaves us a year early he may just secure a 2 or 3 year deal with one of the lower ESL clubs. He won't get huge money but better than he is getting with us and it extends his career. The current suspension hanging over his head doesnt help his cause but I think he needs to look at the ESL to extend his career.
http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport...ary-for-12-weeks/story-e6frep5x-1226440652769
Reading this it seems he is going to Hull KR

Kilkenny

Coach
The suspension handed out to Travis Burns is an absolute farce. I agree he deserved a suspension but not to the extent of the punishment handed out. I really feel sorry for the bloke and I hope he picks up a contract with someone either here or overseas to extend his career. He deserves it, he is a wholehearted player he can do a job for someone.

soc123_au

Staff member
Best of luck to him in Hull. His aggression & determination will be missed. The game against Brisbane where he made 4 or 5 one on one tackles in a row & his demolition of Dave Taylor will always be standout Burns memories. If he had the skill that matched his ticker he could have been the next immortal.

betcats

Referee
Best of luck to him in Hull. His aggression & determination will be missed. The game against Brisbane where he made 4 or 5 one on one tackles in a row & his demolition of Dave Taylor will always be standout Burns memories. If he had the skill that matched his ticker he could have been the next immortal.

+1

Gutsy, gutsy player.

penrithmob 65

Juniors
He was a big asset to the club.He brought aggresion that no others has His only down fall was being caught between two positions 5/8 and hooker and being good with out being outstanding in those position. He will love the english game and be a great buy for hull