What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Souths

Kells

Juniors
Playing against souths raises a few issues

- chambers hamstring injury really hurts as he is our best centre and basically our only big back which we need need against a massive side like souths. any1 hear how serious it is? i assume at best he can play the prelim at earliest. o'neill is too injury prone and neilsen is too small. so if chambers is out we have a big issue

- lowrie hurt his pec, now while im happy if he doesnt play again i'm more upset at the fact bellamy in his post match said he would bring in kostjasyn NO!!! anyone but him - against the massive souths pack we bring in the smallest player we have - so stupid. i hate bellamy playing his favorites.

- fa'aoso was awesome against the tigers - please bring him into the team vs souths. he is big, strong and runs hard. even put proctor at lock n play fa'aoso off the bench.

- if vave is fit then play him - don't care if he isn't match fit, he is massive and was good whenever he played

- proctor was great so hope he plays more minutes again as has re-gained some touch

so in an ideal situation i would have:

slater
waqa - - best of the rest and has improved
chambers - big and strong
o'neill
neilsen - defends very well
widdop
cronk
browmwich
smith
norrie - to take the early punishment
manu
hoffman
proctor - to get more involved in the game

hinchcliffe
ryles - big impact off the bench
fa'aoso - big impact off the bench
vave - big impact off the bench

im sure bellamy firstly knows better than me, but we need a BIG pack against another big pack - so play fa'aoso etc. if he doesnt we will have the EXACT same prob like we did against the warriors last yr - i get the feeling we will fail to learn from our past mistakes

so i hope bellamy plays the big guys but im sure he wont...

azza29

Juniors
Don't drop easy passes
+
Don't give away soft penalties
=
Storm win. Simple.

Kells

Juniors
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/n...nst-south-sydney/story-e6frfgbo-1226463547375

if storm have no chambers, ryles or quinn (dont rate him but is better than fonua) and have kostjasyn and fonua playing storm will get run all over - souths will:

1 - steam roll up the park with their massive forwards and storms tiny pack, then kick to fonua on every time or run at him and they will either score or get another set of 6 as he CANT READ the play at all and drops the ball too much. not looking good at all

PLAY VAVE, FA'AOSO and not 80kg players who give away stupid penalties

plus play players who arent error prone and can read the play.

to be honest wouldnt be surprised if storm goes out in straight sets

Kells...spot on. Nice thread.

Bellamy will be aware of their big pack and he can combat that through quick passing.

Cam Smith and Hinchy will come into their own with quick darts out of dummy half.

I would play Faaoso..Kostjasyn is garbage.

We do not lose anything with Neilsen in the centres.

Have faith...

Noa

First Grade
Kells...spot on. Nice thread.

Bellamy will be aware of their big pack and he can combat that through quick passing.

Cam Smith and Hinchy will come into their own with quick darts out of dummy half.

I would play Faaoso..Kostjasyn is garbage.

We do not lose anything with Neilsen in the centres.

Have faith...

We lose a winger...he never gets the ball.

I think we';;need everything to go right to win and Souths to implode somewhat. I just havent been impressed with our form at all for a few months.

Elektrik Shock

Juniors
Ahhhh micheal still the same old doomsayer! Look why we arn't as strong as previous years i still think our big game experience will be more than enough to get us past a plucky rabbitohs outfit, i mean we are not winning pretty but we are still on a 5 game winning streak, and alot of them were against teams with alot more riding on the result, our defence is slowly getting back to that point where you feel we can hold any team to under 10 points, and 12 will be enough for us to win. I dont know alot of people are writing us off, but i think we are about to see something very special unfold over the next few weeks with our great side. Remember, we played and beat souths 26-10 this year, we played and beat manly at brookie, we played and beat the dogs in a grind 12-6, we are prime, the last few months have been waiting, the last few games a tune up. This week, watch out.

We lose a winger...he never gets the ball.

I think we';;need everything to go right to win and Souths to implode somewhat. I just havent been impressed with our form at all for a few months.

I'm more worried with Fonua playing in a final so early in his career...he is not big and defensively is not strong.

Noa

First Grade
Ahhhh micheal still the same old doomsayer! Look why we arn't as strong as previous years i still think our big game experience will be more than enough to get us past a plucky rabbitohs outfit, i mean we are not winning pretty but we are still on a 5 game winning streak, and alot of them were against teams with alot more riding on the result, our defence is slowly getting back to that point where you feel we can hold any team to under 10 points, and 12 will be enough for us to win. I dont know alot of people are writing us off, but i think we are about to see something very special unfold over the next few weeks with our great side. Remember, we played and beat souths 26-10 this year, we played and beat manly at brookie, we played and beat the dogs in a grind 12-6, we are prime, the last few months have been waiting, the last few games a tune up. This week, watch out.

Realist mate.

I know alot of Storm fans are stuck in a time-warp where its around 2006-2010 and all we have to do is flick a switch and we'll blow teams away but not me.

I do hope your right though.

Realist mate.

I know alot of Storm fans are stuck in a time-warp where its around 2006-2010 and all we have to do is flick a switch and we'll blow teams away but not me.

I do hope your right though.

I agree with your thoughts...this will be a tough grinding game and Bellamy has not signed the large forwards required to match it in the finals.

The Warriors smashed us last year and I am concerned that Souths will do the same...we don't have the bench strength and this could bite us big time.

LJC

Juniors
Should be a great game!
Is it at AAMI stadium?
If so, it should be a full house!(31,000?)
The Storm deserve it and the Rabbits deserve it!
I'l be watching at 5.45pm with interest.

Kells

Juniors
I agree with your thoughts...this will be a tough grinding game and Bellamy has not signed the large forwards required to match it in the finals.

The Warriors smashed us last year and I am concerned that Souths will do the same...we don't have the bench strength and this could bite us big time.

exactly, and bellamy is so close but so far from making the best of what the storm have - he has named vave and fa'aoso 18th and 19th man - i know he wont play them but if he dropped lowe and kostjasyn for those 2 big boys the storm would be a real show.

im happy with the rest - quinn is better than fonua, dane and justin is ok in the centres (plus chambers would play the prelim if the storm make it according to scans today)

so if bellamy plays vave and fa'aoso i would feel so much better but he already said kostjasyn will play - come on craig play the BIG BOYS!

Storm: 1. Billy Slater 2. Sisa Waqa 3. Justin O'Neill 4. Dane Nielsen 5. Anthony Quinn 6. Gareth Widdop 7. Cooper Cronk 8. Jesse Bromwich 9. Cam Smith 10. Jason Ryles 11. Sika Manu 12. Ryan Hoffman 13. Ryan Hinchcliffe
Interchange: 14. Rory Kostjasyn 15. Bryan Norrie 16. Jaiman Lowe 17. Kevin Proctor 18. Richie Fa'aoso 19. Siosaia Vave

Kells

Juniors
saw fa'aoso training n he looks ready to fire n he looks in shape - they must have really trained him hard since he has been down here. he is looking massive as well. would love to see him run up the park all night but sadly bellamy wont play him or vave....... f**kin kostjasyn

MsStorm

Bench
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/n...st-the-rabbitohs/story-e6frfgbo-1226466015206

fonua in - im very very nervous

now the storm need VAVE and FA'AOSO more than ever as if souths get down the park a lot they will run in tries all night making fonua look stupid - hope neilsen and o'neill (whose defence i dont rate either) come across on every occasion to help - otherwise its going to be a long night

Have faith Kels.
Foua is improving every week. I smell a couple of tries from him this week.
Go Storm.

I am with Kells on this one...as much as I would like Fonua to play a blinder, I have real concerns over his defensive ability and in a big game like this you cannot afford to have to have your centre watching him when on defence.

He also looks too small to be of any impact when on attack...just calling it as I see it.

I also think that Vave or Faaoso need to come into the side...Storm cannot afford to let Souths get on top in the early stages and Kostjasyn adds nothing.

We went in with a small versatile pakc against the Warriors last year and got stung through the Warriors playing a fast game and smashing it up the middle.

azza29

Juniors
Well he's replacing Quinn, who has hardly had a standout year. Based on Fonua's performance against the Tigers he's looking pretty solid. His inclusion doesn't make me any more or less nervous about this one.

Melbourne's weakest on the wings, and Souths play down the centre 90% of the time so our defense should be solid. Just need to turn field position into tries - seems like the boys have had more luck finding a try from 20-30m out this past few weeks than when they're inside the 10m line.