What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hayne: I can be Parramatta Eels' Lockyer

Avenger

Immortal
I noticed several times in both games he was calling for the ball but did not get it.......that would not have happened since 2009!

I did too and then I started screaming at Paulo the biggest pretender in our side.

Last edited:

Parraren

Bench
If he wants to be like Lockyer then he must bite the bullet and play 5/8th. Not many admire his abilities like me but Hoppa isn't coming for $800k to play anywhere but fullback and at 6 Hayne will every bit be worth his large contract. He just needs to get into his head that 6 is where his future lies both at Parra and in representative football.

Yep. Then put the Norman money towards two big fast 2nd rowers and a hooker

His pudding two weeks ago was delicious though.
It's only round 2 remember.

His pudding two weeks ago was standard fare. Any fullback would have backed up for those 3 tries - they were in no way special. A couple of nice passes, sure, but little running game and absolutely nothing to justify Dally M points, significant contract upgrades or circlejerks.

And don't give me this crap about being injured - how many times did Lockyer get injured and keep delivering the goods? How many times did Lockyer win games while being a little beaten up?

That game was his for the taking last week and he sooked it up instead. We'll struggle to make the 8 and we needed those 2 points. It's games like last week that define a great player, not an arrogant attitude, a stupid post-try celebration or a demand for a massive contract.

That petulant, uninterested shit needs to get out of his game before he even thinks about mentioning himself in the same sentence as Lockyer (whether baited into it or not).

Wally21

Bench
His pudding two weeks ago was standard fare. Any fullback would have backed up for those 3 tries - they were in no way special. A couple of nice passes, sure, but little running game and absolutely nothing to justify Dally M points, significant contract upgrades or circlejerks.

And don't give me this crap about being injured - how many times did Lockyer get injured and keep delivering the goods? How many times did Lockyer win games while being a little beaten up?

That game was his for the taking last week and he sooked it up instead. We'll struggle to make the 8 and we needed those 2 points. It's games like last week that define a great player, not an arrogant attitude, a stupid post-try celebration or a demand for a massive contract.

That petulant, uninterested shit needs to get out of his game before he even thinks about mentioning himself in the same sentence as Lockyer (whether baited into it or not).
Wow. Did u not take your meds today?

Casper The Ghost

First Grade

What happened with the end of the world?
Get back into your bunker - NRL is too dangerous for your emotional well-being.

Tony Bongo

Bench
No.
Can't remember when he copped the injury, but it was pretty early on.
Watching him at the game you could see how uncomfortable he was just walking on that leg.
He probably should have gone off, but I'm guessing he'll learn from that.

As far as I could tell he wasn't running as freely as the week before. His running gait looked the best I think I have seen for ages in round one.
I want to be Australia's next Joel Parkinson - what a shame I like drinking beer and don't want to work hard or put in the effort he does.

Tooooks

Bench

Did Hayne run over your dog or something? I've never seen such hatred for a player.

TheParraboy

Staff member

ASADA is wanting to speak to the creater of this post :D

tresurehunt

Juniors
i just want to mention a couple of things Ive noticed over the last few seasons about jarryd.

i think he has lost a fair bit of his speed
he hasn't scored or made a long break from the back of the field
he submits in takles

also get 2009 out of your head ,it will never happen again .

EelsFan05

Bench
i just want to mention a couple of things Ive noticed over the last few seasons about jarryd.

i think he has lost a fair bit of his speed
he hasn't scored or made a long break from the back of the field
he submits in takles

also get 2009 out of your head ,it will never happen again .

I reckon a lot of his speed has gone because of the amount of muscle he has out put on and the knees injuries he has had. Knee injuries are a prick of a thing to get over.

Wow. Did u not take your meds today?

Did Hayne run over your dog or something? I've never seen such hatred for a player.

We've never had a player take so much of our coin, also expecting another massive bump, and offer so little in return.

Fire up Hayne.

This is what I'm after. If he had have been fired up last week we'd be 2 from 2. We're gonna struggle to make the 8 and need every win we can get. We can't afford to let games like last week's slip and we can't afford to have HaHa indulge in his petulant little sooks.

If he wants to be the man then he has to play like it. Every week.

Sean7

Juniors
Last year was pretty much a write off for Hayne because of injuries (though he was still our most likely when he did play). The year before that he was almost top of the league in linebreak assists and try assists. I don't call that giving very little. For a guy who has had to play halfback, 5/8 ad fullback all at once for his team, I think he's offered a lot.

He has had a tendency to overplay his hand at times, but that's been because if he didn't go for the big play every time, nothing would happen. Hopefully this year, he can play off the back of others a little more and play more of his natural game rather than having to force everything.

In the past he's been expected to put others through gaps, set-up tries for others, break the line himself, score a bunch of tries himself and be our general play kicker. Add to that the fact that many believe we have had the worst roster and the worst coach in the entire league.

Avenger

Immortal
We've never had a player take so much of our coin, also expecting another massive bump, and offer so little in return.

This is what I'm after. If he had have been fired up last week we'd be 2 from 2. We're gonna struggle to make the 8 and need every win we can get. We can't afford to let games like last week's slip and we can't afford to have HaHa indulge in his petulant little sooks.

If he wants to be the man then he has to play like it. Every week.

It's good to see your acknowledgment that he is very important to the success of our team. Just like it has been since 2009, no Hayne no gain.

Latest posts