What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hayne: I can be Parramatta Eels' Lockyer

i see it as his only way of trying to still be relevant

I have a beard. Ipso fatso, I will always be relevant.

HJ is far far more intelligent and excessively more handsome than that agenda driven know it all, just ask him :p

I humbly agree with your assessment of me, TPB.

It's good to see your acknowledgment that he is very important to the success of our team. Just like it has been since 2009, no Hayne no gain.

Important? He's the difference between us losing an important game by 4 points and winning the game when we should.

The only people we can even seek to rely on to win us games are HaHa and Sandow. Sandow has put in 2 from 2 this year. HaHa, however, is back to his "putting in whenever he feels like it but still expecting to be paid more than anyone else" routine.

It's not acceptable.

Joely01

Bench
I would be happy if he just ran the ball back hard, he should watch Inglis run it back. Im not sure Hayne has the most heart tbh !

Yeh I mean it's not like be is leading the comp in Kick return metres.... And Inglis isn't even in the too 5.
I seriously wonder why people bag hayne out about his returns, he might not get to full pace but he consistently gets good metres..

Yeh I mean it's not like be is leading the comp in Kick return metres.... And Inglis isn't even in the too 5.
I seriously wonder why people bag hayne out about his returns, he might not get to full pace but he consistently gets good metres..

His kick returns are getting better. He still has a tendency to fall weakly into a tackle but he's generally pretty good at getting to the ball.

Inglis' return metres could very well be less because opponents simply won't kick to him. You can't get metres if your wingers get the ball.

Granny has a point, though. I'm sure there are tackle busts in HaHa if he put his heart into it.

Tooooks

Bench
His kick returns are getting better. He still has a tendency to fall weakly into a tackle but he's generally pretty good at getting to the ball.

Inglis' return metres could very well be less because opponents simply won't kick to him. You can't get metres if your wingers get the ball.

Granny has a point, though. I'm sure there are tackle busts in HaHa if he put his heart into it.

Tackle Busts 2013

Inglis - 13
Hayne - 12
Slater - 11
Bowen - 2

That should pick up when he starts putting his heart into it.

Noise

Coach
So hayne is leading the kick return meters, leading our meters gained stats,2nd in tackle busts and is on the top try scorers leader board but is not having a go?

Tooooks

Bench
So hayne is leading the kick return meters, leading our meters gained stats,2nd in tackle busts and is on the top try scorers leader board but is not having a go?

That's the thing about Hayne and I wonder if it's his manner/body language on the field that leads people (including myself at times) to think he's not really putting in.

In round 1 and 2 he was statistically better than Slater (and once again, I acknowledge stats don't tell the full story), yet he seems to cop a disproportionate level of criticism.

It occurred to me last week that he doesn't seem to know his role anymore. He's been our primary playmaker for years, now he doesn't know when to inject himself into the game. Just an observation - not necessarily an astute one...

TheParraboy

Staff member

maybe less is more is better :sarcasm:

Joely01

Bench
That's the thing about Hayne and I wonder if it's his manner/body language on the field that leads people (including myself at times) to think he's not really putting in.

In round 1 and 2 he was statistically better than Slater (and once again, I acknowledge stats don't tell the full story), yet he seems to cop a disproportionate level of criticism.

It occurred to me last week that he doesn't seem to know his role anymore. He's been our primary playmaker for years, now he doesn't know when to inject himself into the game. Just an observation - not necessarily an astute one...

I think you have hit the nail on the head. It will take Hayne a few weeks to get back to playing a traditional fullback role, and let Sandow do the playmaking and Kelly when back.

Tackle Busts 2013

Inglis - 13
Hayne - 12
Slater - 11
Bowen - 2

That should pick up when he starts putting his heart into it.

Yep, it should.

12 isn't good enough if you're capable of 20, and asking to be paid the most coin in the team.

Exactly.

12 isn't good enough if you should be on 20.

The two posts quoted above absolutely prove that people don't get the point.

(and once again, I acknowledge stats don't tell the full story)

Damned straight they don't.

I think you have hit the nail on the head. It will take Hayne a few weeks to get back to playing a traditional fullback role, and let Sandow do the playmaking and Kelly when back.

Kelly wasn't there and Maitua was gone at half-time, leaving only HaHa and Sandow.

Once again, Sandow did his job superbly.

Joely01

Bench
Yep, it should.

12 isn't good enough if you're capable of 20, and asking to be paid the most coin in the team.

Exactly.

12 isn't good enough if you should be on 20.

The two posts quoted above absolutely prove that people don't get the point.

Damned straight they don't.

Kelly wasn't there and Maitua was gone at half-time, leaving only HaHa and Sandow.

Once again, Sandow did his job superbly.

So Inglis shouldn't be Souths highest paid player because he only has 13 and is probably capable of about 30.....

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
I thought we were talking about this years stats so far?

Hayne was out for a lot of last year so not really a contest regarding last year....

This years stats are not a big enough sample size.

My last question didn't work so I'll try a different one. In any year since 2009 do you think Hayne has performed as well as either Barba or Inglis did last year?

Joely01

Bench
This years stats are not a big enough sample size.

My last question didn't work so I'll try a different one. In any year since 2009 do you think Hayne has performed as well as either Barba or Inglis did last year?

I could ask you do you think either Barba or Inglis have performed as well as hayne did in 09?
I think it's a hard question to answer as I have always seen the position of fullback is one which you rely heavily on the rest of the team doing there job for you to really shine, since 09 and the great run Hayne has been to heavily relied on and hasn't had te same cattle as Barba or Inglis have had in their team to excel. I dare say put Hayne in either the Bulldogs or Souths team over the last few years and we would be all talking about someone who consistently puts pressure on Slater for the Aus spot, and he would probably have the Blues fullback spot to himself. I'd keep Hayne over Barba, I think he and Inglis are on about par when they are both at their best. The last thing about Hayne in the last few years is I really do think SK killed him as a player, I think for us fans now having Ricky is exactly what we need to get Hayne producing each an every week. I'm excited to see how he goes tomorrow night after coming out publicly and admitting to a below par game, if he is to again be one of the best fullbacks in the game he will produce at least an 8 and a half out of 10 game, I think he will.

Latest posts