What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Heritage R6 | Knights 8-6 Panthers @ Hunter | Sat 5.30pm

Round 6 result :: Knights vs Panthers

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
We got the points. Move on. It was a very lethargic game. We are a different side this year mentally. Week to week is the only way in this elite competition.

Whats Doing

Bench
Cuthbo keeps on delivering. 134 metres and 40 tackles is really outstanding.

Not sure what the go was with Snowy and he only played the first 25 minutes or so.

Mullen's execution was off but he didn't go hiding in attack or defence. If he needs a knee operation i'm sure that would effect his running and kicking.

Jimmy was flawless and his individual try obviously won us the match.

Aku put in an outstanding display despite losing a couple in the air. He was absolutely bombarded this week and often had a few people challenging with a running start. Took some absolute screamers and some big catches/runs/tackles at the end when we needed him. I also think if his shirt was tighter he might have scored a couple of long rangers too.

Good debut for BJ, plenty of hard yards. T did nothing wrong but he wasn't very involved, so the energy in BJ's performance might spark something in T if he is to keep his spot.

Roberts was Awful really, reminding us that he is still a kid. We can only hope he bounces back because we will desperately need him with Mullen gone for a few weeks.

And finally, Smith will get a suspension from that so Nev might return sooner than we hoped! With a bit of luck Sims will come in though.

I feel for Penrith. They were the better team but all they get out of the game is half a dozen injuries, it doesn't seem fair. Walsh was strong albeit predictable so hopefully they can take some confidence into the next game.

Good summary.
I wasn't too impressed with BJ but probably didn't pay much attention to him.
Mason seemed a lot more spirited in his hit-ups which has been lacking recently.

Noname36

First Grade
A major positive though was our defense. It's really come a long way this year. I know Penrith were woeful in attack but I lost count of how many times we held them out on our line. It's not easy to keep showing up like that in defense all game regardless of what the opposition is throwing at you.

Whats Doing

Bench
Good summary.
I wasn't too impressed with BJ but probably didn't pay much attention to him.
Mason seemed a lot more spirited in his hit-ups which has been lacking recently.

I thought he went quite well for his first game. He was strong in defence and set up Aku in one good play.

doggone

Juniors
Except for Jimmy that was woeful.

Roberts is rubbish, no help to Mullins at all. Mullen tried his best. Man of the Match was Walsh. I thought
House wa better this week.

Except for Jimmy that was woeful.

Roberts is rubbish, no help to Mullins at all. Mullen tried his best. Man of the Match was Walsh. I thought
House wa better this week.

Roberts is rubbish? Mate he has been strong up till now. Gidley's service from 9 is too slow. That was the issue that concerned me most. Great Dummy halves control tempo. Gids can run strongly. Passing is average at best.

ryana87

Juniors
Scary watching the Melbourne v souffs game....... Thinking if we played them today we would be down by 50 at half time

doggone

Juniors
Mate he has been strong up till now.

Last week he was ordinary also, Gids should not be calling the shots, Cameron Smith is not the quickest number 9 but he has Cooper outside him that is the diff mate!

The Red Afro

Juniors
Roberts is rubbish? Mate he has been strong up till now. Gidley's service from 9 is too slow. That was the issue that concerned me most. Great Dummy halves control tempo. Gids can run strongly. Passing is average at best.

Gidleys issue is he never seems to pass straight from the play the ball, instead, he picks the ball up, makes a small shuffle step towards the advancing line, then passes it on.

This means the defensive line is already on top of our attackers by the time they receive the ball.

Undefeated at home and still there is whingeing. We won. Get over the game. Move on. That should be the mentality of the supporters. We smashed The Tigers and they pushed Melbourne all the way. The Raiders beat The Roosters a week after we touched them up. We almost ran St George down. We are going ok. A little more faith lads.

Spot On

Coach
Worst game of nrl I've seen for a long while. We r in deep shit. Take a photo of the ladder now cause we will be on the same amount of points in six weeks time.

Last edited:

chinorocks

Juniors
Undefeated at home and still there is whingeing. We won. Get over the game. Move on. That should be the mentality of the supporters. We smashed The Tigers and they pushed Melbourne all the way. The Raiders beat The Roosters a week after we touched them up. We almost ran St George down. We are going ok. A little more faith lads.

withdrawn misread your post

Yosh

Coach
Gidley's service needs to improve 10 fold. He has to make the right decisions from dummy half but keeps on choosing the wrong option I thought...

Zoidberg

First Grade
Very good timing for a week off I think. Need to get our heads right again. Titans will be a big challenge in 2 weeks.

Jono was spot on about Mad dogs comment about Mullen. He's gonna be a big loss along with Bedsy, but looking at the draw, now is a good time to (hopefully) get our injuries fixed up (hopefully for good).

Hope the week off will be full of training in attack. I know our back line has been very inconsistent, but we need to throw a lot more at teams to keep winning. Our defense has held up pretty well most of this year (take out Manly) but we're gonna need to be able to crack tough defence to get anywhere in this comp.

Noname36

First Grade
Must have missed the game where we pushed the Storm. What was the score?

He said that the tigers (who we smashed) pushed the Storm all the way.

Seriously, the negativity here is way over the top. We are in a slump at the moment no doubt but we've still won 3 from our last 4 and almost ran over the Dragons. Last season we'd be 0-4 if we were playing like we are now. The week off has come at a good time. Let's just continue to take it one game at a time instead of making ridiculous predictions about how bad we'll be by the end of the year.

Joker's Wild

Coach
Honestly, I felt we just played down to our opposition. We all know the boys are capable of much much more so there is little need for concern imo.

Penrith put heaps of pressure on our halves and it worked. I thought our forwards were outstanding.

Yet again our discipline and errors cost us but luckily not the win

Latest posts