What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Heritage R6 | Knights 8-6 Panthers @ Hunter | Sat 5.30pm

Round 6 result :: Knights vs Panthers

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

hugzy

Juniors
Well I sorted of expected the doom and gloom after that performance but guys we r 5th on table which is probably right. The top 4 atm r a notch above everyone, we r the best of the rest.

Dave_

Juniors
I was at the game and I seen the Smith tackle. None of us could work out what the penalty was even for.

I did'nt even know it was for a head slam until I came here and seen everyones comments. I thought it was a classic tackle and the whole crowd loved it. If he gets suspended for this, the game has really lost the plot.

Rolla

Juniors
I was at the game and I seen the Smith tackle. None of us could work out what the penalty was even for.

I did'nt even know it was for a head slam until I came here and seen everyones comments. I thought it was a classic tackle and the whole crowd loved it. If he gets suspended for this, the game has really lost the plot.

You would not have seen it live. Hopefully i am wrong but the replays on tele seemed to show him with his forearm and a fair bit of weight behind it drive the guys head into the ground.

Looked fine until they slowed it down though, we will just have to wait and see but i suggest watching the replay before saying the game has lost the plot. I doubt he will cop a lengthy suspension, guess it depends on whether they find that Smith was just riding the momentum of the good tackle or he was generating it with a bit more intent.

I doubt he will cop a lengthy suspension, guess it depends on whether they find that Smith was just riding the momentum of the good tackle or he was generating it with a bit more intent.

If he does cop a suspension (I expect he will) does the ANZAC test count?

Jono078

Referee
Just saw it on the highlights, no way should he miss time for that, absolutely no force in it.

Tom155

Coach
Mullen's execution was off but he didn't go hiding in attack or defence. If he needs a knee operation i'm sure that would effect his running and kicking.

Jimmy was flawless and his individual try obviously won us the match.

Aku put in an outstanding display despite losing a couple in the air. He was absolutely bombarded this week and often had a few people challenging with a running start. Took some absolute screamers and some big catches/runs/tackles at the end when we needed him. I also think if his shirt was tighter he might have scored a couple of long rangers too.

Good debut for BJ, plenty of hard yards. T did nothing wrong but he wasn't very involved, so the energy in BJ's performance might spark something in T if he is to keep his spot.

Roberts was Awful really, reminding us that he is still a kid. We can only hope he bounces back because we will desperately need him with Mullen gone for a few weeks.

And finally, Smith will get a suspension from that so Nev might return sooner than we hoped! With a bit of luck Sims will come in though.

I feel for Penrith. They were the better team but all they get out of the game is half a dozen injuries, it doesn't seem fair. Walsh was strong albeit predictable so hopefully they can take some confidence into the next game.
in attack i agree it was his worst game in a while but his defence was very good imo, 24 tackles 0 missed, it's good that both our halves are capable defenders

the whole teams defence has greatly improved

on smith there was nothing in it, 0 weeks

Jobdog

Live Update Team
This injury to Mullen is news to me. Nothing was said about it in the presser after the game.

Burwood

Bench
We were ordinary with the ball in hand, but despite all of the ball that penrith had in our 20m zone they only managed a try from a Boyd error.

We can build a very good season around the defence shown by the team so far- no need to get the razor blades out just yet.

As well as having not a great game in attack I reckon opposition teams are working out Roberts.
Against St George they were yelling out "dummy, dummy, dummy .." to tell defenders not to fall for the dummy.
While Roberts can defend well targeting him can knock him around a bit and take some sting out of him
Roberts will need to show other abilities and mix it up to be able to use his run and dummy. Maybe just catch and pass for a while or get some forwards running angles off him.

Jobdog

Live Update Team
We were ordinary with the ball in hand, but despite all of the ball that penrith had in our 20m zone they only managed a try from a Boyd error.

We can build a very good season around the defence shown by the team so far- no need to get the razor blades out just yet.
The defensive aspect would without doubt be the most pleasing part of an otherwise dull game. Sure, the Panthers didn't throw much at us, but it looked like the only way they'd score was through a kick.

Once you get your defence in order, the attack falls into place.

aqua_duck

Coach
We might have won but it was the worst winning performance I've ever seen in any level of rugby league, our ball handling and discipline were once again poor, our attack was terrible, why were we so damn flat in attack? Bloke were over running it, or getting it with the defence right in their face. Gidley is not in our best 13 I'm sorry, he's probably amongst the bottom 3 hookers in the comp, honestly is defence is ok but he stifles the attack with his poor decision making, his dummy half running is terrible and his delivery is either borderline forward or players have to reach to catch it, he also can't last the 80 mins, they say he'll get picked for Australia later tonight, if that's the case I'm certainly the selectors haven't been watching him play.