What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fare evasion

How often do you fare evade?

• Total voters

HowHigh

Coach
I remember getting a fine because I bought a concession ticket but didn't have the consession card on me.
Transit officer said don't worry, just photo copy your concession card and mail it back with the fine.
The f**kwits said it wasn't good enough somehow..

thorson1987

Coach
Used to do it all the time when I was a teenager, but only if I was going a couple of stations down the line.

These days the only time I catch the train is when we go on a family day out to the city. So I always buy a ticket.

Apey

Staff member
Barely ever catch trains and most of the time when I have, they were to the bigger stations where you have to put your ticket in the machine to get out.

Didn't buy a ticket once or twice when that wasn't the case.

I have only once ever had my ticket checked I think... although I might be mixing it up with the bus. I caught two buses pretty much every day from Year 7 to the end of University and was asked to show my ticket/student ID < 10 times.

thorson1987

Coach
Barely ever catch trains and most of the time when I have, they were to the bigger stations where you have to put your ticket in the machine to get out.

Didn't buy a ticket once or twice when that wasn't the case.

I have only once ever had my ticket checked I think... although I might be mixing it up with the bus. I caught two buses pretty much every day from Year 7 to the end of University and was asked to show my ticket/student ID < 10 times.

I had a bus pass and rail pass when I was in school.

Had to show the bus pass to get on, but rail pass never got checked.

IanG

Coach
Im tipping off the authorities, Ian.

I stopped over 12 years ago so the stature of limitation would have well and truley expired.

I assume the rail staff in NSW are the same as in Vic...socially awkward with bad clothes and limited IQ.

They're probably like the security guards at the footy. Really wanna be coppers but must've failed the medial or something.

I catch trains every day...hate it with a passion having to be near mentally unstable, body odour, people who don't know how to blow their nose, bogans, emos etc...

Rhino_NQ

Immortal
I catch trains every day...hate it with a passion having to be near mentally unstable, body odour, people who don't know how to blow their nose, bogans, emos etc...

I love people who speak on the phone a few decibels higher then they usually do.

I usually catch the train home from the airport when I fly in from my roster. Buy a ticket to the international airport for $2.50 and stay on and get off at Bowen Hills that doesn't have checks and walk home. 25 bucks to get home on a train is just ridiculous

Monk

Referee
Never done it on purpose. Sometimes the Ticket machine at Unanderra Station is farked so they're the only times I don't buy one.

thorson1987

Coach
I love people who speak on the phone a few decibels higher then they usually do.

I usually catch the train home from the airport when I fly in from my roster. Buy a ticket to the international airport for $2.50 and stay on and get off at Bowen Hills that doesn't have checks and walk home. 25 bucks to get home on a train is just ridiculous

For me to catch a train to the airport would cost me $18 one way.

Smart move NSW government allowing the Airport to own the 5 stations around there.

Didgi

I stopped over 12 years ago so the stature of limitation would have well and truley expired.

I'll have you know limitation is a fine gentleman, large in stature, and not given to expiration.

They're probably like the security guards at the footy. Really wanna be coppers but must've failed the medial or something.

Would that be in the ankle or the knee?

Cliffhanger

Coach
Apparently lots of trains are late because of jumpers. Now if someone wants to kill them self that's their choice, their life is their possession and I don't see why you shouldn't be allowed to destroy something you own. However if you choose to jump in front of a train to do it then you're a merkin, only your family and friends should have to ponder whether they could have saved you, why ruin some unfortunate train driver`s day. city rail has enough problem without you disrupting half their services because you didn't want to die alone.

dogslife

Coach
hF56EF5A0