What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fare evasion

How often do you fare evade?

• Total voters

Knightmare

Coach
I love people who speak on the phone a few decibels higher then they usually do.

I usually catch the train home from the airport when I fly in from my roster. Buy a ticket to the international airport for $2.50 and stay on and get off at Bowen Hills that doesn't have checks and walk home. 25 bucks to get home on a train is just ridiculous

Amen. I can't stand those Nazis that run the Airport Link and gouge you for an extra $10. They know their shit stinks which is why they have somebody at the airport stations checking your ticket, while virtually no other station on the Brisbane network has anything like that in place. A few times I caught the train there and stood in line, then when the inspector wanted to see my ticket I put all my bags down and began shuffling through all my pockets with a panicked look on my face. It fooled them every time and they let me go. I'm probably $50 up on them alone. If they decided to be reasonable instead of wanting to rape ordinary commuters for their last dollar I'd have no problem buying a ticket. Ditto the parasites at Macquarie Bank. Will never do business with them based on their hoarding of Sydney Airport alone...

Last edited:

Apey

Staff member
Apparently lots of trains are late because of jumpers. Now if someone wants to kill them self that's their choice, their life is their possession and I don't see why you shouldn't be allowed to destroy something you own. However if you choose to jump in front of a train to do it then you're a merkin, only your family and friends should have to ponder whether they could have saved you, why ruin some unfortunate train driver`s day. city rail has enough problem without you disrupting half their services because you didn't want to die alone.

:lol: 10/10

Apey

Staff member
I am just saying what most people already think but are ashamed to say.

To be fair, I made a joke along those lines one time when I was coming back from a Knights away game and the train was delayed (had to end up catching a bus eventually) for similar reasons... :sarcasm:

Didgi

Amen. I can't stand those Nazis that run the Airport Link and gouge you for an extra $10. They know their shit stinks which is why they have somebody at the airport stations checking your ticket. A few times I caught the train there and stood in line, then when the inspector wanted to see my ticket I put all my bags down and began shuffling through all my pockets with a panicked look on my face. It fooled them every time and they let me go...

Start yelling at them in some fast gibberish.

Cliffhanger

Coach
We should start an FFB fare evasion kitty. We evade as many fares as possible and put the money we save into jars. Then everyone sends the jars to me and makes a wish which may or may not become true.

Dragon2010

First Grade
Apparently lots of trains are late because of jumpers. Now if someone wants to kill them self that's their choice, their life is their possession and I don't see why you shouldn't be allowed to destroy something you own. However if you choose to jump in front of a train to do it then you're a merkin, only your family and friends should have to ponder whether they could have saved you, why ruin some unfortunate train driver`s day. city rail has enough problem without you disrupting half their services because you didn't want to die alone.

Post of the year. You just won the Internet.

Pete Cash

Post Whore
Which stations do you get off at ch. Most of my train travel is from petersham to the city circle. Now its pretty common that they have the big gate open but if no then I would have to jump the barrier like a stupid teenager. My dignity at not doing that is worth more than the <50 dollars a week I spend on fares.

Bulldog Force

Referee
Can't fare evade in the city. The ticket gates got upgraded, and so did the staff uniforms. They spend money upgrading everything except the f**king trains!

Cliffhanger

Coach
Which stations do you get off at ch. Most of my train travel is from petersham to the city circle. Now its pretty common that they have the big gate open but if no then I would have to jump the barrier like a stupid teenager. My dignity at not doing that is worth more than the <50 dollars a week I spend on fares.

What you gotta do is walk right behind people in that case. The gate is open for long enough.

Get off at Homebush for uni, no ticket gates.

Latest posts