What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Signings and Even More Crap X

Status
Not open for further replies.

Etu Uaisele

Juniors
Unfortunately, a team that felt that they need to bend the rules to win.

I guess that's the down side of a cap. It needs to be crystal clear what the rules are and those rules need to be strongly enforced. If these criteria can be satisfied then I agree that it is a sensible way to go.

Solution is easy , all players incomes should be accessible 3RD party included . I can look up what the PMs getting paid or a police officer so why are players so special ? If they are not happy that they are sharing their contract details for the good of the sport then go be a brick layer .

emjaycee

Coach
Solution is easy , all players incomes should be accessible 3RD party included . I can look up what the PMs getting paid or a police officer so why are players so special ? If they are not happy that they are sharing their contract details for the good of the sport then go be a brick layer .

Since when are NRL players public servants with their salaries paid from the public purse? Why should their salaries be public knowledge? Is your salary publically available?

bartman

Immortal
Great post A.

If this supposed sponsor deal was a done deal and just needed a signature, why didn't they get it before the election? And use it as a positive in their campaign - instead of EGJ's desperate backfiring campaign email.

Last edited by a moderator:

Eels Dude

Coach
Daniel anderson - visionary.

I wonder what club guys like tanginoa and loko would be playing at if he had his chance to implement his successive 0 year plans?

If 0 year plans involve making grand finals 50% of the time I'd happily take that over 5 year plans that involve finishing one single competition point above last the first year, and then outdoing that by finishing outright last by 4 points the following year.

And on the sponsorship matter, Jodeci, why are you leaking this information on here? It's just asking for trouble. There's no good that can from come from sharing this info only bad that can add to the mess our club is behind the scenes at the moment.

Last edited:

Snoochies

First Grade
Oakland A's ($60 million salary) are 8 games ahead of Los Angeles Angels ($128 million salry). They topped the division last year with the lowest paid roster and repeated the Moneyball scenario again and still seems to be working.

Side note, Aussie Grant Balfour who is the A's closer picks up a cool $4.5 million this year.

Avenger

Immortal
Your man love for Ando is very misplaced. The bloke was rissoled because he should've been like every coach since Smith, maybe it was done the wrong way....deadset thought the flogging of this deadhorse would be done.

Anderson reached the GF in his first attempt with the Eels. What more should he have to do.
Daniel anderson - visionary.

I wonder what club guys like tanginoa and loko would be playing at if he had his chance to implement his successive 0 year plans?
More propaganda. How the f**k would you know what his plan was? He got rid of Mateo and Inu because they were lazy. Guess what ? they are.

But Ando was a Parra fan so we should've kept him!

f**ks sake. Maybe Avenger or Casper should be the coach.
Coming from a Kearney apologist. LOL!!!

mlb have a luxury tax

Within this environment, you will not be surprised to realize that Major League Baseball does not use a salary cap. It instead uses a luxury tax, which is a set amount of money a team must pay for exceeding a specific figure that is determined on an annual basis. It's no wonder that the lack of a salary cap coexists with more competitive imbalances in baseball than in the other pro sports (basketball, football, hockey) that all involve salary caps.

I'm well aware of the luxury tax. But it's a world away from being a salary cap. Payrolls range from roughly $55million to $200million (and 20 of the 30 teams spend less than half of the Yankees payroll). Yet, in terms of competitive imbalances.....several of the mid-lower payroll teams have performed very well...just not as consistently.The other big difference in MLB relative to other sports is that (most) player contracts are freely tradable.

Maroubra Eel

Coach
with the track record of pizza ingredients and meat trays, I wonder what was in the contract?

With the way they manipulate the "elected" board members and their past record of appointing a major sponsor to the board there could have been any number of reasons why the company now has pulled out

Yeah it seems odd hey.

Strange that a company prepared to pay millions for sponsorship would all be dependent on 3P running the board.

Can't wait to see how it plays out.

maybe punting ando was the right move but my issue is can any one of the people who hired kearney HONESTLY put their hand on their heart and say he was the best possible replacement they could find?

a rookie assistant coach who had never coached a reggies team fulltime let alone a first grade one?

i'll admit he had some success coaching nz but its easier to coach standalone games with a group of talented and experienced professionals than managing a club squad week to week (just ask ricky stuart)

Last edited:

mrt_spec

Juniors
jodeci you come across as a sore loser 3p supporter - who do you support more, your 3p mates or the Eels?

If it's the Eels you would(should) never have made that post.

Bigfella

Coach
Problem was Anderson was even lazier - he didn even bother to replace the blokes he got rid of.

Propaganda? Because I think a bloke whose side finished 8th I his best ever year I coaching and did nothing for our development shouldn't still be a martyr worthy of trashing the following years of our club and death riding the team to avenge his sacking? For f**k's sake.

Everything you said about Anderson being parra through and through and loving the place also applies to mateo, inu, Ben smith, probably Denis Fitzgerald, and plenty of others who will and should be replaced from time to time.

Anderson under performed as much as Kearney did. They are both gone and Ricky Stuart is our coach. He's actually not doing much betterif at all than either of them, but I hope he gets a chance to. I doubt he will listening to all this shit that has been going on for the last five years.

I bleed blue & gold

First Grade
I was sitting near DA at the Souths V Newcastle game on Saturday night.
He is probably happy he got flicked, being the refs boss is less stressful than coaching us lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts