What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Defense of the Ancients (DotA) Mafia Game Thread (GAME OVER)

Dutchy

Immortal
You are Anub'arak, Ancients Aligned Nerubian Assassin

Anub'arak was once the greatest champion of the Nerubians, but fell in the Second War of the Spider. He was resurrected by the Lich King Ner'zhul, who promised him eternal undeath in exchange for his unswerving loyalty.

Invisibility - You can sneak around spying on any player. Each night you may find out the FULL ROLE PM of any player.

BIO - Melee, Agility.

This was Ozzy. ONLY picked townies. Ha.

Dutchy

Immortal
You are Gondar, Ancients Aligned Bounty Hunter

Gondar is a Draenei that is often called upon for his superior skills. Not much is known about his past, but his capabilities are extraordinary. Some believe he learned from a ninja clan while others say he was born with his amazing abilities.

Track - Each night you may turn invisible and track another player. You will learn what night actions they used, and who on.

BIO - Melee, Agility.

Either picked the nightly vanilla, or Monk role-blocked him when he was following a baddie. Genius.

Dutchy

Immortal
You are Bradwarden, Ancients Aligned Centaur War-chief.

Gifted with a tremendous body and an ever-growing fortitude, Bradwarden's courage is only matched by the size of his heart. Prophesied as a savior by the oracles of his tribe, Bradwarden is the living token of the allegiance of the centaurs to the Sentinel. He swings his axe with massive force, sometimes even hurting himself when doing so.

1 per night.

Double Edge - The Centaur summons a tremendous amount of inner strength and releases a very powerful attack. It can kill both Bradwarden, and the other player.

* Double Edge will not work against a RANGED character.
* If opponent is AGILITY, you will survive.
* If opponent is INTELLIGENCE, both Bradwarden and your opponent will die.
* If your opponent is STRENGTH, there is a 50% chance you will survive.

Hoof Stomp - You may choose one player to Stun and Role Block per night.

Bio - Melee, Strength.

SGB, blocked the correct people all game, always tried Double-edging ranged players though. Was looking forward to the write-up where he would kill himself.

DB

First Grade
P.s. I hate you SGB... You had to keep pushing the lack of mention of a roleblock, when i thought I had won over Monk.

I did originally target JM that night, but last minute changed it to you Monk.

soc123_au

Staff member
Soc played this well, also gave him a protect ability, pretty sure he saved Mafia once. Hilarious when he appeared in the write-up. 1/10.

Yeah, I protected Mis the first night out of sympathy for the meta gaming he has copped. Protected KTF after that. couldn't believe the 1/10 came up, had DB, Apey & Mis pegged by that point too.

Good game Dutchy, I thought the balance was good with the town being a bit light on powers. Mafia more unlucky than anything town managed to throw at them.

Ozzy

First Grade
This was Ozzy. ONLY picked townies. Ha.
Yeah and the first I picked was BM to either stop him being meta-gamed or to out him. When I saw his power the first PM to Dutchy was on the line of "Oh shit, another Granpa Simpson role for BM!" :D Happy to be proven wrong. Well done BM.

Rebel

First Grade
Cool game. I was reading the QT as the game went so I knew who everyone was.

Provided many lols. Especially DB and Drew lol.

Good lies, not as good as my epic bullshitting though.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
I could only die every second night and every odd night I got a role block. Blocked RCHP night 1 which proved to be a good random guess, picked Mis night 3 which was right, but proved useless as he was a powerless don at that point, and then Didgi night 5 but he died that night anyway.

Jason Maher

Immortal
Who wins the Mafia nub award... thorson for targeting a non-player, or Didgi last game for investigating his own team mate?

First Grade
Killed Monk for the lols at the end.

9701 and Parra. They wasted their bonus vote. Only teaming up once, killing off SGL.

You never counted it the first time we both voted for BM so I thought you had forgotten about it tbh

Drew-Sta

Staff member
Cool game. I was reading the QT as the game went so I knew who everyone was.

Provided many lols. Especially DB and Drew lol.

Good lies, not as good as my epic bullshitting though.

We did our best. I thought Inwas going to be found out after two or three phases so was pleased I lasted so long - esp since I wasn't the investigator.

Had we got DB over the line, I'd have accepted that as the cherry on top of an otherwise elaborate escapade.

DB

First Grade
Technically I only lied about roleblocking... I had targeted JM, but changed to monk last minute.