What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Signings and Even More Crap XI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
I assume this information was known earlier, so why the delay ?

Not sure - but in my view once they had originally said that it will be here 'tomorrow' at the start of the week then they should have released the update then.

They may have thought that they could include something more interesting if they held off but not honouring their word on the timing makes them look a bit average.

Best bet would have been to say nothing and just release something when they felt they were ready.

Delboy

First Grade
No leaks, negotiations continue until a player signs of the dotted line, really that is what should be expected

At least we now know who is signed until when, happy to wait and see who we get.

I will now wait patiently for Mr Bingo to tell us all that if it wasn't for the election . we would still be in the dark "sigh"

Maroubra Eel

Coach
Maybe Ken was going to announce that Pommie hooker that fell through.

But when it fell over he was left with f**k all.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
I don't see anyone on here suggesting that.

Nothing wrong with the email, it was just the week of "it will be here tomorrow's" that was a bit pointless and frankly, a bit amateur.

I'm not sure that our club has fully worked out how it wants to use social media as part of its engagement strategy.
Exactly, there is nothing wrong with the Email. Just the big hullabaloo in the lead up, there was nothing in that they couldn't have said on tues.

And Mullaney till 2015??? Lol I hope that's a joke.

hindy111

Post Whore
Coote has played 5/8 wing and fullback.Id happily have him on the wing.I reckon he would be a handy dummy half too-This kid can play.

mickdo

Coach
Which is what I said.
The hullabuloo you speak of was from people on this board.

Suity

The email was delayed several times for reasons unknown. That in itself gave the impression that something was brewing. Not an unreasonable conclusion really.

mickdo

Coach
Maybe they lost the keys to the liquor cabinet. I never get any work done when that happens.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
The email was delayed several times for reasons unknown. That in itself gave the impression that something was brewing. Not an unreasonable conclusion really.
yep that was what I meant. There was nothing in they email that couldn't have been released on Tusday.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Which is what I said.
The hullabuloo you speak of was from people on this board.

Suity

I personally didn't see too much carry on to be honest. There were a few 'I hope they sign x' comments along with the usual smart arse quips but that is par for the course on here.

The main issue was the repeated delays in announcing what appears to be a straightforward update email. Once you commit to doing something publicly I am of the view that you need to follow through. If you don't then it erodes credibility, and as result people's confidence in your ability to deliver.

I am sure that when they reflect on the week over a hard earned Tooheys they will chalk it down as a 'lesson learnt' and will deliver the update better next time around.

Social media is a powerful tool but not a lot of companies have learnt to use it properly yet. Parramatta are not alone in that regard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts