What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Signings and Even More Crap XI

Status
Not open for further replies.
What do you call signing strategies?

A signing strategy, for example, is a recognition that we need to bias our future spending towards improving our 1st grade halves. Or recognising that we need to build depth in backrowers. Or issuing directions to reduce the proportion of journeymen 1st graders in the squad.

A board that doesn't ask question at that level is not doing its job, I don't care whether we are talking about sports clubs or regular commercial businesses. This doesn't mean that the board says 'sign player X'.

By the way, I don't mean any of this to reflect on the individual coaches / board members involved.....not getting involved in that shit.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Chipmunk said:
Yes but the days of having a structured organised attack isnt. No Top 8 side currently makes their structure and game plan at the start of each tackle, which is what we're currently doing.

So do we need a better organiser or do we need better structure?

Chipmunk

Coach
So do we need a better organiser or do we need better structure?

Organiser. Whether it is your 1, 6, 7, 9 you still need one of them to be able to organise your structure on the field. Which current Top 8 side doesnt have a competent organiser in one of those positions?

Maroubra Eel

Coach
Patricks, Sails, Kicks, Boggarts - I think I ran to Paradise at least once - did the Castle Hill RSL have a name?

f**k yeah, i used to go to Patricks and Kicks. I think I used to go to Sails too, the name rings a bell, was it at Baulko Sporting Club?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts