What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs $1 million play for Parramatta superstar Jarryd Hayne

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
You'll get 4 more rubbish footballers...

Because no one half decent will want to come to parra...

You end up paying overs for solid footballers.

Losing Hayne would be a disaster for Parra.

The damage being done right now can have an effect on the club for 10yrs.

Because players have been falling over themselves to come and play with Jarryd Hayne?

We have to pay overs anyway, but we're better placed to rebuild without Hayne than with him.

cv8z

Juniors
If we let Hayne go we could afford another three or four first graders.

Agree Hayne is a better player but Hopoate hasn't been plagued by rumours of a poor attitude or a recent history of injury proneness.
The whole club has poor attitude
You can't attract half decent players without at least one decent player
Unless we get a superstar of a coach which is unlikely.
We are in no position to piss hayne off

IFR33K

Coach

Apart from on field, don't forget what hayne means to the eels in terms of $$$$.

Sponsors, members, merchandise and exposure for the club. We can't afford to lose hayne.

Suitman

Post Whore
I'm so over this shit.
Lingard is right.

I've never been so ashamed to be an Eels fan in 40 years, nor have I ever been so disinterested in them.
The Eels are a f**king rabble. The worst point in my life of following them.
Tbh, I couldn't care less about them.

Suity

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore

We have a few decent players:
Mannah
Lussick
Sandow
Norman
Tonga
Loko
Hopoate

These guys would all be fringe Origin players in a better environment.

Remember we haven't sucked because of lack of big names; we've sucked from fielding too many inexperienced players.

Arseholing a player like Hayne would give us back a lot of dignity and pride as a club.

IFR33K

Coach
We have a few decent players:
Mannah
Lussick
Sandow
Norman
Tonga
Loko
Hopoate

These guys would all be fringe Origin players in a better environment.

Remember we haven't sucked because of lack of big names; we've sucked from fielding too many inexperienced players.

Arseholing a player like Hayne would give us back a lot of dignity and pride as a club.

So you knock a player like hayne, because of his two injury plagued seasons, but you claim tonga is a decent player???

Tonga should never of been brought to the club.

natheel

Coach
So 2 things I seen.

Apparently Wayne beavis has confirmed Hayne has asked for a release

Nick tedeschi says Hayne has agreed to a 4 year deal with dogs worth 3.2mil

So over it all

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Apart from on field, don't forget what hayne means to the eels in terms of $$$$.

Sponsors, members, merchandise and exposure for the club. We can't afford to lose hayne.

These benefits off the field don't make up for the cost to the team on the field (via the hit to the salary cap) by retaining expensive players like Hayne. This is why the Tigers were happy to get rid of Benji Marshall - the most marketable player in their history.

natheel

Coach
Where have u seen this.

The first was on Facebook (rumour page) and second was on twitter from nick tedeschi

Take it with a grain of salt because I'm pretty sure the rumour page has it round the wrong way as beavis said Hayne will honor his eels contract yesterday

IFR33K

Coach
These benefits off the field don't make up for the cost to the team on the field (via the hit to the salary cap) by retaining expensive players like Hayne. This is why the Tigers were happy to get rid of Benji Marshall - the most marketable player in their history.

Tigers fans were happy for him to go. Benchi hasnt had a good game in three years. What do u know of Haynes contract, and how it's structured. Do you know how much is eating into our cap???

IFR33K

Coach
Take it with a grain of salt because I'm pretty sure the rumour page has it round the wrong way as beavis said Hayne will honor his eels contract yesterday

That's pretty much what I thought, that beavis confirmed hayne staying.

We'll be mad to release him to another nrl club. Let alone our arch rivals.

Suitman

Post Whore
C ya. Hope soccer brings u joy.

Don't patronise me mate.
I've followed this club for over 40 years. I've also stated that I will always be blue and gold. I stated that we are an embarrassment. I also stated that I don't give two shits about them at the moment. Because I don't, because we are such a rabble.

Yes, over the summer, f**king oath I will enjoy the Wanderers.

But come next NRL season, I'll still be an Eels fan.

So if you want to try and ridicule me, you'll have to try better than that.
You know what I'm proud of most? After all of his short years following the NRL, Jumpsuit has stuck solid with the Eels, while a lot of his Eels supporting mates at school have done a parra pete and jumped ship, to winning clubs like Storm and Beagles. Jumpsuit will be blue and gold for life as well. He also has a Wanderers season ticket. So f**king what?

So, I'm not going anywhere for you information.

Suity

Suitman

Post Whore
You think it's a good look for us to bow and scrape to a petulant player?

I love the way you point the argument in your direction. Why didn't you ask me why it's good they we bow and scrape to, in your opinion, the best Eels player you have ever seen?
This is a rhetorical question. Don't bother answering. I already know what it will be.

Suity

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
So you knock a player like hayne, because of his two injury plagued seasons, but you claim tonga is a decent player???

Tonga has just re-signed for a lot less than he's on. Remember I'm talking about value here.

And I'm not knocking Hayne. I said in this thread that he's the best player I've ever seen. But he doesn't offer any value.

Tonga should never of been brought to the club.

In 2011 we had Horo and Ben Smith in the centres for most of the year. An Origin centre like Tonga was exactly what we needed.

He had no recent history of injury, so who could have foreseen that he would play 12 games in two years for us?