What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dragon Age: Inquisition

Misanthrope

Staff member
I really enjoyed Dragon Age Origins when it came out, although trying to replay it recently made it painfully obvious how far graphics have developed in the intervening years.

I never played the second one, but heard pretty bad things about it.

Will definitely grab this when it comes out.

The Eagle

Juniors
Motherf**ker..... my first kid is supposed to be born 3 days later! !! 1!!!
f**k you EA

On DA2 the combat is easy and repetitive, the design is lazy with about 8 maps you have to re scour a number of times but the storyline for me was very interesting, quite enjoyed it

Springs

First Grade
Looks like it was made for PS2 :lol:

DA series is garbage

You mean the system with some of the best games of all time on it? Ok.

Really do not get the focus on pixel perfect 1080p graphics. Towards the end of last gen graphics really were all that was needed.
Call of Duty and others can spend all the time they want on making photo-realistic graphics but the games aren't going to get any better.

afinalsin666

First Grade
:lol: Grumpy motherf**kers.

My timeline is all over the place, because i've played the games so much.

But based on the first playthroughs, the warden is a female elven mage. She slaughtered the elves, made the golems, and let the demon in the boy live. She killed the mages, pissed in the ashes, took logain and made him bang morrigan, and f**ked off after the end with Zevran.

Can't remember the second one, because it was so unremarkable. I think Hawke was gay with mage man.

The Eagle

Juniors
:lol: Grumpy motherf**kers.

My timeline is all over the place, because i've played the games so much.

But based on the first playthroughs, the warden is a female elven mage. She slaughtered the elves, made the golems, and let the demon in the boy live. She killed the mages, pissed in the ashes, took logain and made him bang morrigan, and f**ked off after the end with Zevran.

Can't remember the second one, because it was so unremarkable. I think Hawke was gay with mage man.

Bahahaha pissed in the Ashes, did you cut Lelianas head off?

You mean the system with some of the best games of all time on it? Ok.

Really do not get the focus on pixel perfect 1080p graphics. Towards the end of last gen graphics really were all that was needed.
Call of Duty and others can spend all the time they want on making photo-realistic graphics but the games aren't going to get any better.

Yeah, the outdated system that has been replaced two consoles over by now. THAT system, which is is irrelevant in 2014. It's not about 1080p it just straight up looks like RPGs did back in 2004.

Firey_Dragon

Coach
Dragon Age is shite. Never understood the fanfare even for the first one. It was just a boring story coupled with grinding gameplay. It amazed me how a company could bring out something so compelling like Mass Effect and KOTOR, yet pump out DA as well. The environmental stuff of Frostbite 3 looks amazing, character modelling is pretty weak though... It's a bit disappointing that Bioware still haven't fixed lip syncing for the new generation, hopefully Mass Effect has a bit more polish.

The witcher 3 will be coming out at the same time... I know which one I'll be getting.

Last edited:

afinalsin666

First Grade
Ehhh. Depends what you like. I love the conversations and story in ME. Combat sucked. Combat was never good, turn it on easiest and go through it as fast as possible so I could keep the story going. Never a fan of shooting gallery bullshit.

"Wait behind a wall! Your enemy is also behind a wall! They popped up! Quick, you pop up too and shoot! Now get down again and wait for them to come back! Ignore your psychic guy running into a wall shooting at nothing! Wouldn't a conversation be good now to remind you why you are playing this tediousness?! No, another guy is behind another wall in another corridor! Better wait till he comes out! Now quickly choose red blue or green!"

DA combat was fun, my team didn't constantly derp like in ME because I could control them. DA convo's were great before they added the shitty wheel, which unlike ME was implemented terribly.

"Oh, you wanted to sound slightly aggressive in this part of the conversation to get your point across? Well, since we have a wheel that doesn't tell you what dialog you will use like a proper f**king role playing game, you have now slaughtered a kitten. You monster."

Both have their highs and lows.