What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels v dragons

Kornstar

Coach
Mate, some of the 15-16000 crowds announced for the Wanderers were a joke. There was hardly 5-6000 empty seats.

Suity

Yeah, any footage I saw of the crowds at the Wanderers games always looked above 16k. I don't get it.

Suitman

Post Whore
Yeah, any footage I saw of the crowds at the Wanderers games always looked above 16k. I don't get it.

There is something seriously wrong with the counting at the stadium. It's been happening at Eels games for years. Today was yet just another example.

Suity

Whilst we are a very ordinary football side and poorly coached, you guys are playing some bloody good footy.

Cheers mate. It appears, though, that our discussion has moved on to whether the seats in the stadium have been buggered by the WSW fans....or something like that.

I guess they could just ask everyone to bring their own camp chair.

Kornstar

Coach
On the game, I thought we got all the 50/50 calls (or pretty much all) and luck in general.

The Dragons weren't good, neither were we though.

On the plus side, we have now beaten teams we should beat, 2 weeks in a row, which is not something we are used to!

axl rose

Bench
Gotta laugh at the fox commentators having an orgasm over hayne for his try off Paulo and not even giving Paulo a wrap. He busted through 2 or 3 of them and got a great ball away for an easy run to the line for Hayne.

Agree re the calls Kornstar. We were truly blessed in that regard.

I think, though, that we played well (but certainly not flawlessly). You play what's in front of you. And I thought our defensive organisation (and composure) was pretty good.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
We finally had some luck with the refs, St merge are truly terrible and look almost as poorly coached as Canberra.

Junior Paulo is an absolute beast and will be a perfect foil for Mannah in the years to come.

Kornstar

Coach
Agree re the calls Kornstar. We were truly blessed in that regard.

I think, though, that we played well (but certainly not flawlessly). You play what's in front of you. And I thought our defensive organisation (and composure) was pretty good.

Don't get me wrong, we are a much better team than we have been over the last 3 years, just the fact you can see them working for each other is very promising, that has been missing for a long time!

We are going to have to really drop off to get anywhere near the spoon this year and next year if we add 1 or 2 decent experienced players next year we will easily make the 8, possibly top 4.

barney gumble

Juniors
First time in 5 years we've held a team to zero, scored 36 and got our differential into positive territory. Gotta be happy with the way the boys are going at the moment.

bartman

Immortal
I don't get on here much these days, but had to post what a great performance across the whole team that was to get on top and keep St George to zero. The heads down at the end showed the Dragons' confidence and spirit is gone, and Benji or no Benji they look like they're heading for a spoon.

Every single Eel did well today, the team is playing like a team for the first time in four years, and there's depth and youth coming through in almost every position. Arthur is doing a great job this season gtting the most out of the squad, great to see them have confidence and really want to play for each other.

bartman

Immortal
I agree with this all, but I thought the three blokes we all criticise most (Sef Paulo, Norman and Allgood) were really good today.
Agree with this. Very impressed with Norman today, apart from those early errors. Sef Paulo once he came on was creative and tackled well in the middle, and Allgood toiled away and was solid in defence. Gower goes very well also.
How much longer is Edwards out?

If Mossop's ready to go I'd be dropping Terepo before Allgood.
Agree, and if we're missing Lussick for a week then Mossop could come straight into the 17 without anyone being dropped.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Agree with this. Very impressed with Norman today, apart from those early errors. Sef Paulo once he came on was creative and tackled well in the middle, and Allgood toiled away and was solid in defence. Gower goes very well also.

Agree, and if we're missing Lussick for a week then Mossop could come straight into the 17 without anyone being dropped.

I'm a fan of Norman's, and I think he has been playing well without stealing the show.

But I have criticised Paulo and Allgood in the past, and they had strong games tonight.

I thought that Paulo was especially good - ran straight and hard most of the time, and occasionally got the ball in one hand and offloaded or passed it out the back. He looked sharp and added some spark to our attack.

Allgood defended strongly as he always does, but I was pleasantly impressed by his attack - ran hard and with purpose. More, please.

Gower...well, we stole a beauty from Manly, here. A quality player in attack and defence.

I also thought Lussick was fantastic, Mannah was an animal like always, Pauli Pauli and Junior were strong, Ma'u was busy and Peats...what can I say about Peats that hasn't already a been said? What a gun he is.

Sensai Cobra

Juniors
I'm a fan of Norman's, and I think he has been playing well without stealing the show.

But I have criticised Paulo and Allgood in the past, and they had strong games tonight.

I thought that Paulo was especially good - ran straight and hard most of the time, and occasionally got the ball in one hand and offloaded or passed it out the back. He looked sharp and added some spark to our attack.

Allgood defended strongly as he always does, but I was pleasantly impressed by his attack - ran hard and with purpose. More, please.

Gower...well, we stole a beauty from Manly, here. A quality player in attack and defence.

I also thought Lussick was fantastic, Mannah was an animal like always, Pauli Pauli and Junior were strong, Ma'u was busy and Peats...what can I say about Peats that hasn't already a been said? What a gun he is.

Nice comments and I agree with most of this. However I can't for the life of me understand how you can say Norman has been playing well. He was ordinary again today, it was almost embarrassing at some points.

Parra Pride

Coach
The way we played Joseph Paulo today is the way he should always be played if you ask me. Start a guy like Terepo, Allgood or possibly Mossop in the 13 to help slog through the early goings, then bring him on as the game opens up a bit more.