What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2014 Jerseys, Logos & Sponsorship Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

cooko

Juniors
I don't mind the jersey. It's not the best, but its not the monstrosity others have had, and it maintains the Canberra colours and identity.

And cooko, satisfying sponsors is a good cause.

I actually think its a refreshing change from a white away jersey. It would have made a good canberra 100 years jersey last year too.

Big Sam

First Grade
There are a lot of shit Indigenous jerseys in the NRL, but I think this one by the Swans out-shits them all.

14Goodes2205_620B.jpg

Looks like an Indigenous version of Pacman.

gzerounian

Juniors
I am so sick of players wearing short socks. I am watching the Warriors/Titans under 20's and all but 2 players on the field have opted for the short socks. It used to be a case of players just playing with their socks rolled down (Brent Kite) but now it seems the manufacturers supply two types of socks for players wanting short socks. Call me old fashioned but long socks are part of Rugby League (and Rugby) history. If I want to watch short socks I will watch touch football.

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
I am so sick of players wearing short socks. I am watching the Warriors/Titans under 20's and all but 2 players on the field have opted for the short socks. It used to be a case of players just playing with their socks rolled down (Brent Kite) but now it seems the manufacturers supply two types of socks for players wanting short socks. Call me old fashioned but long socks are part of Rugby League (and Rugby) history. If I want to watch short socks I will watch touch football.

Long socks where only brought in for games that needed shin-pads (soccer and probably early versions of Union). After that its just a vestigial remnant of the old days.

Im with you, i like the long socks, but it was always gonna happen eventually. Its just evolution....

cooko

Juniors
Raiders jerseys actually looked good today. The cowboys looked just like the brumbies which was quite surreal at canberra stadium.

Son of Minto

Bench

Wait, they were actually wearing short socks? Not just rolled down? Ive never noticed any players wearing short socks.

Canard

Immortal
Long socks where only brought in for games that needed shin-pads (soccer and probably early versions of Union). After that its just a vestigial remnant of the old days.

Im with you, i like the long socks, but it was always gonna happen eventually. Its just evolution....

You must have played on some good private school grounds mate.

Long socks are entirely functional on rock hard non NRL surfaces.

Lambretta

First Grade
I thought the Raiders looked ok in the yellow yesterday

On the Sharks kit they wore tonight - is that the same home jersey as they've worn all year? The shoulders, side panelling etc all looked different

The back panel was grey instead of black and looked like it was made up to smaller writing rather than solid colours.

I actually thought it looked good - better than their on field performance by a mile

Patorick

Staff member
I thought the Raiders looked ok in the yellow yesterday

On the Sharks kit they wore tonight - is that the same home jersey as they've worn all year? The shoulders, side panelling etc all looked different

The back panel was grey instead of black and looked like it was made up to smaller writing rather than solid colours.

I actually thought it looked good - better than their on field performance by a mile
20140414113727Members_Jersey_2014_Front.jpg

20140414113425Members_Jersey_2014_Back.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.