What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Favourite Movie Endings - Spoilers!!

veggiepatch1959

First Grade
Been watching some 50s and 60s sci-fi movies lately and found the ending of "The Invasion of the Body Snatchers (1956)" quite interesting. Looks like the alien pods are being spread all over the US!

Other endings I like are as follows:-

Raiders of the Lost Ark (1981) - the scene where the Ark is secured and placed into a seemingly never ending warehouse full of who knows what. Love the way the camera pans out to show millions of crates. Makes you wonder if such a place actually exists.

Planet of the Apes (1968) - when Taylor and Nova are riding along a beach and they come across the Statue of Liberty. Taylor then realizes he is on Earth and mankind has f**ked up entirely.

Threads (1986) - for those who haven't seen it, "Threads" is a British movie about the events leading up to, during, and after a full blown nuclear conflict. The daughter of a survivor who was pregnant with her when the bombs were dropped, herself becomes pregnant after being raped about 15 years after the war. You get a millisecond glimpse of the newborn and a bloodcurdling scream from the teen mother before the end. No prizes for guessing what the "child" was.

What's your favourite movie endings?

Parra

Referee
Planet of the Apes (1968) - when Taylor and Nova are riding along a beach and they come across the Statue of Liberty. Taylor then realizes he is on Earth and mankind has f**ked up entirely.

This always reminds me of David Chase' final statement on the "Sopranos" non-ending which included an allusion to the surprise conclusion of the first "Planet of the Apes" movie, which he saw as a 23-year-old graduate student in the Stanford University film school.

"I'll just say this, and maybe it will help to explain it," Chase said. "When the movie was over, I turned to [my wife] and said, 'Wow, so they had a Statue of Liberty, too!' So that's what you're up against."

Eddie Lab

Juniors
the sixth sense and the usual suspects are obvious choice.

Million Dollar Baby and Gran Torino are both great endings.

The Thing(1982) is probably my favorite. Just how the camera pans out with the survivors both probably going to die either by being infected or freeze.

loved Commando too. classic Arny ending

Parra

Referee
The Godfather has a perfect ending

There Will Be Blood

Goodfellas

Donnie Brasco

One Flew Over the Cuckoos Nest - great ending. Satisfying.

Scarface

American History X

Grand Torino

Unforgiven

Gallipoli

Breaker Morant

Jono Russell

Bench
I've always liked the Dawn of the dead ending. No twist just fun seeing them find an island, thinking it could be safe then zombies come from everywhere.

veggiepatch1959

First Grade

Just finished watching "The Mist" and thanks for the suggestion. Probably one of the best movies I've seen this year.

What a FMD ending!! Even though I had a basic idea of what was going to happen, it just hit me like a ton of bricks. Left me feeling empty afterwards.

Definitely up there with the best ever movie endings.