What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'14 // R12 // Sat // Roosters 26-12 Raiders // Allianz

Round 12: Roosters v Raiders

• Canberra Raiders

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

GongPanther

Referee
But to blatantly get that Moa no try call wrong and then keep going on about is ridiculous.

As nauseating as it sounds when the commentators get in a huff,what we all fail to realise is that during the course of a game,one half of the commentary team currys the favour of one of the teams.

It massages the ego of the viewing public when you have someone on your side.

They've been doing it for years yet hardly anyone is privy to it.

Canard

Immortal
As nauseating as it sounds when the commentators get in a huff,what we all fail to realise is that during the course of a game,one half of the commentary team currys the favour of one of the teams.

It massages the ego of the viewing public when you have someone on your side.

They've been doing it for years yet hardly anyone is privy to it.

Ive seen you state this before, I frankly think thats Bullshit, and up there with Moon Hoax Landings or UFOs.

But putting that aside, do you think they guys at Fox are intelligent enough to even implement such a system? Some of the ex-players are borderline geniused and fail to even have a basic grasp of English.

However in this instance BOTH commentators kept insisting the referee was wrong, even though there own footage CLEARLY showed the referee indicating forward pass.

What makes it worse is that half of the so called League fans on this very thread totally went with it.

natheel

Coach
He has a talented but inexperienced halfback just sitting on the bench while those two idiots stink the place up.

They have been part of the raiders mediocrity for too long. Need to go

Gee roosters were terrible. Should've beaten the raiders by at least 50

A team like Canberra often drags you down to the depths of their embarrassing standard of rugby league and they did it well tonight. Easts were never threatened and the game was as good as over after 20 minutes.

32-6 was the real score and a better indication of the gulf in class.

Ive seen you state this before, I frankly think thats Bullshit, and up there with Moon Hoax Landings or UFOs.

But putting that aside, do you think they guys at Fox are intelligent enough to even implement such a system? Some of the ex-players are borderline geniused and fail to even have a basic grasp of English.

However in this instance BOTH commentators kept insisting the referee was wrong, even though there own footage CLEARLY showed the referee indicating forward pass.

What makes it worse is that half of the so called League fans on this very thread totally went with it.
Well the pass was definitely not forward so the refs were wrong on that regards.

Perhaps the commentators didn't see the forward signal from the ref and since they (along with most viewers I suspect) wouldn't even entertain the thought of that pass being forward, they probably thought the logical reason for the refs denying it was dropped ball.

Pete Cash

Post Whore
I will say thank you, thank you thanky campo.....

...had Roosters 13+ into NQ 13+ \\\\:D/

hahah that penalty by campo was so blatant and dumb i swear he must have had roosters 13t too. at least he brought some joy to somebody tonight the merkin.

Canard

Immortal
Well the pass was definitely not forward so the refs were wrong on that regards.

Perhaps the commentators didn't see the forward signal from the ref and since they (along with most viewers I suspect) wouldn't even entertain the thought of that pass being forward, they probably thought the logical reason for the refs denying it was dropped ball.

Seeing as there own vision showed the referee signal it's hard to understand why.

Not all of us are as adept at judging a pass from one camera angle 50m behind the play as you are mate, so please forgive me.

Also, I do like the idea of the commentators just making Shit up when they don't understand what happened.

Paullyboy

Coach
The raiders are far, far off the pace as evidenced by the fact that we were convincingly beaten by a team that is realistically only good enough to push for 4th-6th on the ladder.

I just refuse to believe that McCrone can get picked at halfback again next week. Surely it should be just as likely as Bill Tupou getting another crack.

Comment above is stupid beyond belief. After all they are only playing to 50% of their ability and they still won convincingly, shows how pathetic Canberra are. The Roosters will win this comp, they are timing their run like Makybe Diva.

natheel

Coach
Comment above is stupid beyond belief. After all they are only playing to 50% of their ability and they still won convincingly, shows how pathetic Canberra are. The Roosters will win this comp, they are timing their run like Makybe Diva.

If you thought the blokes post above you was stupid, you should have had a think before you type

The Chello

Juniors
Roosters did enough to win, really didn't look headed. Thought Maloney was good. Raiders a little stiff early on with some of those 50/50 decisions going against them. McCrone used to be a solid player, but his effort borders on stupidity. I think the young half probably deserves a go, at least he is positive. Defensively he may struggle, but he wouldn't be alone in that area. Shillington played well. Canberra have some good players, they just need more belief and need to concentrate more, especially in defence.

Latest posts