What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Does GI need to lose a bit of weight?

ram raid

Bench
I'm not saying he's fat, but he seems to be a bit sluggish in attack these days. Watch this video from his earlier days. He doesn't have half the acceleration he used to have. Still a great player obviously. I just can't help thinking he would be better off a bit lighter.

[youtube]watch?v=AQQK0COl3NM[/youtube]

gypsy

Bench
Surely if anyone knows?
Not that I usually spend time looking at topless men but I did study Inglis without his jersey on last night and there really was no excess fat on him whatsoever. The love handles, the gut, the chest, all very slim and toned.

I'm very impressed that after his few weeks out recently he came back fitter than when he got injured. So that tells me while he was sidelined he was watching what he was eating and hitting the gym hard. He is at just about peak fitness, judging by his workload in an origin game.

In the 2nd half my heart was in my mouth at one point when he was carrying his shoulder and then lying on the ground in pain, but by the way he finished that game it was probably only an impact injury that went away, nothing serious.

And after the game there was no strapping or ice on his upper body so hopefully he's 100%.

some11

Referee
He just needs to go back to being 22, shouldn't be too hard with time travel being all the rage these days.

mxlegend99

Referee
He runs over half the team... But when he was at his peak he runs over or around one player and scores the same try without coming close to being stopped. He's still one of the best in the game, but he is not at his best at this point in time. When we was mid 90kgs he was by far the best and most dangerous player in the game.

Pretty awesome that he can still be among the best regardless of how close to peak physical form he is.

I think the knee injury he is carrying affects him more than he lets on. Also doesn't help that our tactics seem to revolve around using him like a 2nd lock forward. Instead of trying to get him the ball in space, we seem to find ways to get him the ball when he's marked by at least 3 defenders.

"Here you go Greg, do your best!"

Noa

First Grade
I think the knee injury he is carrying affects him more than he lets on. Also doesn't help that our tactics seem to revolve around using him like a 2nd lock forward. Instead of trying to get him the ball in space, we seem to find ways to get him the ball when he's marked by at least 3 defenders.

"Here you go Greg, do your best!"

Never understood why the coaches don't give him permission to get the ball 40-50 out on the right half and drift across looking for a weakness.

The rare times he gets in these situations he always threatens

POPEYE

Coach
Inglis, Hayne and Dugan need to play in the centres where they can take advantage of the size their parents gave them

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
images

ram raid

Bench
Not that I usually spend time looking at topless men but I did study Inglis without his jersey on last night and there really was no excess fat on him whatsoever. The love handles, the gut, the chest, all very slim and toned.

I'm very impressed that after his few weeks out recently he came back fitter than when he got injured. So that tells me while he was sidelined he was watching what he was eating and hitting the gym hard. He is at just about peak fitness, judging by his workload in an origin game.

In the 2nd half my heart was in my mouth at one point when he was carrying his shoulder and then lying on the ground in pain, but by the way he finished that game it was probably only an impact injury that went away, nothing serious.

And after the game there was no strapping or ice on his upper body so hopefully he's 100%.

He's not carrying any flab. But I think he could be carrying too much bulk. If he trimmed down a little bit he might be a bit more agile. Size / agility is mostly a trade off. You can't have both. It's simply not possible.

ram raid

Bench
Man, just imagine if he had a footy brain. Could be an immortal.

Inglis has a great footy brain. He has kicked ass at 5/8 and won a Clive Churchill medal there. Compare that with Hayne whose stints at 5/8 have always failed. GI could be the greatest player in the comp in any position, except hooker.

Latest posts