What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Maccas employees

innsaneink

Referee
Any recent Maccas employees on here?

My son recently started there, just wondering if anyone knows about the uniform dedutions he's getting in his pay

Week 1 -$35.
Week 2- $35
Week three -$30 (Today)

He hasnt been able to catch the manager to query this, hopes to today, a workmate of mine, his son worked at Pizza Hut and they had to buy their uniforms...maybe this is the case with maccas....though I thought most businesses provided uniforms if theyre to be worn on duty

langpark

First Grade
I used to work at Pizza Hut way back when. Can't even remember if we paid for the polo shirt or not. If we did, it was no more than $15...

Not sure what they do at McDonalds but that's terrible if true...

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
It could be a mistake so maybe we shouldn't assume the worst.

Words should be had.

Danish

Referee
For $100 you'd want to be supplied a few complete uniforms. If they are getting just a short and pants for $100 that would be a bloody rip

DeeJ

Bench
They probably say its alright because you can claim it back on tax, but one uniform should be free.

langpark

First Grade
minimum wage is $16.50 per hour. am i right ?;-)
Isn't that for adults? Some of these Maccas kids are barely 15 years old... Plus he may be on a 'training' wage at the start, who knows what else they'll do to pay staff as little as possible....

innsaneink

Referee
He is on $11.89 as a 17yo

Yep, he found out tonight its $100 for the uniform (Pants, Shirt, Cap, Belt, apron and name badge)

Thieves

No wonder it tastes like shit

goodplayer

Juniors
He is on $11.89 as a 17yo

Yep, he found out tonight its $100 for the uniform (Pants, Shirt, Cap, Belt, apron and name badge)

Thieves

No wonder it tastes like shit
its all about tastes maccas

not like its shit for your stomach, body, :sarcasm:

you seen the 10 year old cheeseburger, no mold, no rotness, looks like a fresh 1 , just dry

to much preservative chemicals in that factory chemist laboratory JUNK make believe food :sarcasm:

absolutly garbage crap junk :eek: would not touch it with a barge pole . vomit :sick::-#

Pierced Soul

First Grade

Thieves

well if you agree that the uniform should be no more than say $20, then he's owed $80. now work it out at whatever his rate is and tell him he needs to get that back either by goofing off, or stealing that much amount in food. y'kno, like you walk in there and ask for a small fries and he fills the bag up with them....

redvscotty

First Grade
It's shit food, but there is nothing better for a hangover than a large double quarter pounder meal with a bit of bourbs in the coke.

Feel bad for the kids getting ripped off that much for the uniforms though.

FundyDragon

Bench
Minimum wage rates apply once you turn 21 years of age. Under 21 you are classed as a junior.
My young bloke worked at Hungry Jacks he had about $5 deducted per pay until the $60 uniform fee was paid for. But he also received a uniform allowance of about $3 which continued and was paid every week while he work there.

The Gambler

Juniors
It is actually just a uniform deposit - and if your son returns the uniform in good order when he stops working at the restaurant then his $100 should be returned to him. You will actually find that the uniform deposit is included in the enterprise agreement negotiated by the union. The amount of the deposit is under the discretion of the franchise owner or the company if it is company owned.

As for his hourly rate - is he a casual? You will actually find that his hourly rate is closer to $14.50 because casual employees are paid casual loading of 23% on top of the base rate.

But thank you to everybody else for your completely uneducated and in the end erroneous contributions to this discussion.