What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Foran - Johnson at NZ Warriors

POPEYE

Coach
I would much rather see Foran remain at the Eagles Long with DCE. Eagles developed them ect.... an the game needs more one club players

You think the NRL should do it's utmost to encourage and even subsidise one club players in an endeavour to strengthen the game . . . what a novel idea

shiznit

Coach
I would much rather see Foran remain at the Eagles Long with DCE. Eagles developed them ect.... an the game needs more one club players
I think the problem for Manly there is the whole Glenn Stewart business...

From the sounds of things Manly had a culture of the players taking unders to keep them together... And DCE obviously has done something to change that.

There's obviously some issues there that need to be resolved amongst that playing group. At least they have sorted there shit out at boardroom level though.

That's just an observation from the outside looking in...

A2_tha_MFK

Juniors
I think the problem for Manly there is the whole Glenn Stewart business...

From the sounds of things Manly had a culture of the players taking unders to keep them together... And DCE obviously has done something to change that.

There's obviously some issues there that need to be resolved amongst that playing group. At least they have sorted there shit out at boardroom level though.

That's just an observation from the outside looking in...

From everything that's happened end of season, I'd say things have been sorted.

Special K

Coach

From memory Foran was a highly recruited kid from when he left the Bears for 2008 season and debuted the next year. Bit rich for Manly to cry about his development.

Nice Beaver

First Grade
From memory Foran was a highly recruited kid from when he left the Bears for 2008 season and debuted the next year. Bit rich for Manly to cry about his development.

Who has cried about his development?

Best I can tell is people are saying it would be great for him to be a 1 club player.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
Would be nice to see Foran at the Warriors, but I think he'll re-sign, and that "could" be a blessing in disguise for the Warriors if they use that money to sign a couple of quality forwards up front for 2016 as that's the area they're really struggling to compete with the top teams.

butchmcdick

Immortal
Foran is playing for everyone in 2016!

Great combo they are for NZ. So are Cronk and Thurston, So were Lockyer and Thurston.

Doesn't mean they will be for club.

But I will concede the Warriors is the most likely if Foran decides to leave the Eagles.

Cronk to NQ

Make it happen

I'd be happy to give the storm Robert Lui in a straight swap

Ike E Bear

Juniors

If that was true, the older guys wouldn't have been on hugely backloaded deals. More accurately, there was a culture of taking unders in the expectation of a huge payday later. Given the fickleness of fate and the realities of running a successful club, I don't blame a guy like DCE not wanting to sign up. Players get inured. Players get moved on. I don't think Watmough and Co had reasonable expectations.

Nice Beaver

First Grade
I don't recall two sets of books and a boat being responsible for the 1999 and 2012 premierships.

Well Smith stayed for one of those fancy 2/3 separate contract deals.

Think 2012 would have come off without the bum chinned accountant?

Perth Red

Post Whore
Only thing I would like to see, which will develop if they play together, is both being on one side occasionally, they mostly played left and right which worked for the straight running attack of Kiwis, be amazing to see Foran get on his shoulder ready for the offload a bit more.