What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Melbourne's jersey

nick87

Coach
they are trying to move units, so they designed a jersey that appeals to their demographic. What's the f**king problem?
:lol:

at least the Storm's decision makes sense, trying to sell AFL style jerseys to a market dominated by AFL. NFI what the tigers were thinking

Perth Red

Post Whore
they are trying to move units, so they designed a jersey that appeals to their demographic. What's the f**king problem?
:lol:

at least the Storm's decision makes sense, trying to sell AFL style jerseys to a market dominated by AFL. NFI what the tigers were thinking

Does it? I find most afl fans I know wouldn't wear a singlet, and if they do they were something under it to give it sleeves! One of the reasons the NRL merch sales beats afl is, IMO, that afl fans don't wear singlets as they look dumb but nfl fans buy jerseys as you can wear them without looking stupid.

POPEYE

Coach
As always the Storm will become the trendsetters, once players realise being thrown to the ground which necessitates protective clothing is detrimental to scoring the singlets will catch on. Nothing wrong with appealing to the female audience either, works well down south

Billythekid

First Grade
Not a fan and i certainly won't be getting one, i don't think it's that big of a deal though. Especially if it's just for the nines.

Lemon Squash

First Grade
I thought I was watching Penrith vs Fremantle. It's disgusting but yeh I can see they are trying to appeal to their local audience.

The Tigers though should be f*cking ashamed.

Warrior@Heart

Juniors
I think the real reason why they went with singlets was because of the popularity of last years NRL court side jerseys which were really popular at the nines and all throughout the summer in NZ. I think there is a market for basketball style NRL singlets but to actually wear them on the field looks ridiculous. Maybe if they ever had an NRL Touch Football tournament it could work.

I cant believe that shirts with no sleeves has been such a controversie, anybody would think it had a photo of the prophet muhammad on it

orochimaru

Juniors
Dunno why they f**k around with jersey's, I understand new sponsors needto be put on, but how about just leaving them alone and saving some money for other things?

ram raid

Bench
I'm sure the bloke who designed it would be perfectly happy with that.

Not for the drill I'll be using

power-drill-1.jpg

Geez, calm the f**k down. It's an awful jersey but nothing to get up in arms about.

It is. It shows the NRL doesn't exert enough control over the teams and have no idea.

They undermine their own brand by giving clubs as much flexibility as they want to do whatever the f**k they want. Forget the fact it was a singlet and just the fact that there was no uniformity between jerseys looks amateur