What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2015 NRL Jersey & Sponsorship Discussion

Big Sam

First Grade
I don't understand why all clubs have not adopted the NRL numbering. It seems more than last year but not 100% yet.

Stinkler

Juniors
The do not get 'free gear'. The clubs still have to buy the jerseys and only get a spare/player.

They get a sponsorship payment for wearing say NIKE but they still buy the jerseys (even the Broncos).

Even the NFL reuse uniforms hence why all clubs have equipment managers. LINK HERE

Do the math, in the NRL 350 jerseys would be used each round, 26 rounds would be over 9000 jerseys used a year. Where do they all go?

Pay attention in the second round to the teams that wear white (can usually still see grass stains) and the Titans main sponsor sticker job as the season wears on (if they keep McDonald House).

I know for a fact that some NRL clubs have a "cash and contra" agreement with their kit supplier. Obviously they don't get unlimited jerseys, hence the need for a kit manager, but they do get "free" gear.

And the Titans white box seems to have faded away already. :lol:

cooko

Juniors
I don't understand why all clubs have not adopted the NRL numbering. It seems more than last year but not 100% yet.

I think it looks terrible, especially numbers like 10 and 11 as they're wider than they are tall. It looks quite cheap and amateur and I understand why a few teams aren't on board.

If you look at the EPL at least they have a decent font.

Noname36

First Grade
Knights back of jersey is blank of sponsors

So westrac and sportsbet have obviously not renewed

Lots of blank spots this year across a lot of teams

Most of the sponsors that were brought on board during the Tinkler/HSG managment seem to be gone. I noticed it at the game too...lack of signage around the ground. The main sponsors they still have and ones like NIB and Maccas that were already there pre-HSG.

Not a completely bad thing for the jerseys though. They look much better without being cluttered with sponsors. The "Rise For Alex" is a nice touch.

Knights certainly need to grab themselves some more sponsors though.

GAZF

First Grade
I think it looks terrible, especially numbers like 10 and 11 as they're wider than they are tall. It looks quite cheap and amateur and I understand why a few teams aren't on board.

The numbers just have poor legibility in general. Large serifs on the 1, unnecessary double outline... They used the same font as they have for all NRL media, problem is that it isn't ideal for all applications. I would have stuck with a block font.

Big Sam

First Grade

I don't disagree with your font comments (SL uses a good one too).

Just curious as to why not all teams have adopted it.

Saint Doc

Coach
Watching the highlights of Cowboys vs Roosters

Navy/white/navy VS Navy/white

NRL+Rd+1+Cowboys+v+Roosters+HcJAO5uRC2Rs.jpg

107437-33cb75a2-c4c0-11e4-bdbb-25549bb81a95.jpg

Meanwhile the Roosters have a perfect "alternative" jersey. If they don't wear it against the other navy and white team, when is it for?!!

30915-sydney-roosters-2014-retail-alternate-jersey-signed-by-sonny-bill-williams-740.jpg

Chook Norris

First Grade
You'd have to have severe problems to have been confused between the two jerseys. As said, no clash given the Cowboys jersey is predominantly white.. and our Jersey is almost the inverse

cooko

Juniors
Watching the highlights of Cowboys vs Roosters

Navy/white/navy VS Navy/white

NRL+Rd+1+Cowboys+v+Roosters+HcJAO5uRC2Rs.jpg

107437-33cb75a2-c4c0-11e4-bdbb-25549bb81a95.jpg

Meanwhile the Roosters have a perfect "alternative" jersey. If they don't wear it against the other navy and white team, when is it for?!!

30915-sydney-roosters-2014-retail-alternate-jersey-signed-by-sonny-bill-williams-740.jpg

It was worn against canberra and st Illawarra when we had it in 2013.

Son of Minto

Bench
Yeah that predominately white jersey really clashed with that predominately navy jersey.

So many f**king crybabies in this thread.

Saint Doc

Coach
You guys are missing my point. Maybe I didn't articulate it well which is my fault.

The Roosters have released
- a home jersey NAVY with WHITE shorts
- an away jersey WHITE with NAVY shorts
- an "alternate": RED with presumably white shorts

My point was when your home and away kits are both navy and white combinations, when are they ever going to wear an "alternate" jersey other than when playing away to the other navy and white team?!!

Saint Doc

Coach
Not sure what I think about the raiders blue numbering. Think I prefer white

175090-canberra-raiders.jpg

3af131b495b1a136ffb951fd6f66b5b5.jpg

Jerseys are definitely an overall improvement though

Latest posts