What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Euro 2016 Qualifiers

WireMan

Bench
Ireland with a last minute draw with the Germans and Scotland drawing with Poland suddenly makes that group interesting.

What happened with the Serbia vs Albania game!?

It was called of due to a drone carrying the Albania flag sparked a massive all in brawl!!

Sounds like its worth a look!!

Big Sam

First Grade
Scotland v Ireland will be huge in November.

It's a surprise UEFA allowed Serbia and Albania to be put in the same group given Kosovo. Mind you, this is the 3rd successive qualifying campaign where Serbia fans have pulled shit. Closed stadiums ain't working - time for point reductions.

langpark

First Grade
Ranieri out now!!!

Bz7539FCQAAvHLQ.jpg
Ok, now I agree with you...

The drone and albanian flag was pretty funny, never seen anything like it...

dorcolrugby

Juniors
Big Sam said:
It's a surprise UEFA allowed Serbia and Albania to be put in the same group given Kosovo. Mind you, this is the 3rd successive qualifying campaign where Serbia fans have pulled shit. Closed stadiums ain't working - time for point reductions.

Yes, it's a surprise given Spain and Gibraltar can't be in the same group and Armenia and Azerbaijan (due to Nagorno-Karabagh dispute) as well. These are fourth qualifiers that Serbia was "drawn" in the same pool with risky opposition (Croatia twice, Bosnia once and now Albania). It looks like someone (read: UEFA) is interested to expel Serbia for the long term from the competitions.

langpark said:
The drone and albanian flag was pretty funny, never seen anything like it...
Would it be funny to you if I tell you that the flag was not Albanian, but depicted map of "Greater Albania", which includes not only parts of Serbia, but parts of Montenegro, FYROM and Greece, too.

When Serbian players caught the flag and pulled the drone down, few Albanian players started brawl. Albania captain later twitted that this flag is the prettiest in the World, and it's not even his country's flag. So, this was not an incident, I would say it's well organised political provocation. The drone was remote-controlled by Albanian prime-minister's brother who was guest of honour in VIP box. When he was arrested and interrogated, he showed US passport and released to go home.

Few Serbian supporters jumped over the fence to take over the flag again, and that's the only Serbians fault. When the match commissioner and the referee called Albanian team to continue the game, they refused. They also refused to give the drone as an evidence to UEFA representative. So, Serbia should be awarded 3-0 forfeit win, and the both FA's should be penalised financially with no-fans home ties for Serbia until the end of the qualifiers. Anything other would be complete joke, but the joke is likely to happen, because Albanians bought a whole new country, why shouldn't they buy a single soccer game.

langpark

First Grade
I didn't mean funny in the comical sense, I meant funny in the 'strange' sense, as in something we've never seen before... I agree with you and I am aware of how that flag is different to the regular Albanian flag. I'm 100% pro-Serbia in this case, I assure you...

Nothing ever excuses fan violence against players, especially over a f**king flag. Shows that certain parts of the world are a long way behind on the evolutionary curve.

langpark

First Grade
I'm so lost for words right now. Greece 0-1 Faroe Islands...

I'm sure Ranieri already had his bags packed, he just needs to book the one-way ticket now.

langpark

First Grade
A few possible upsets on the cards tonight (80th minute)

Netherlands 0-1 Turkey
Bulgaria 2-1 Italy

Edit: Sneijder with the equaliser in stoppage time and Italy (Eder) in the 84th minute.

Last edited:

Big Sam

First Grade
Sneijder saved Hiddink.

Looking to a proper response from Greece tonight. Almost a must win.

langpark

First Grade
Yeah, another disappointing result. But nothing can top my disappointment from after the Faroe Islands match! :lol: