What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3,2,1 Round 7 vs Titans

Puntastic

Juniors
3. RCG
2. Manu
1. Can I just give ET the point? Otherwise... Lats. Lats was just lats.

Blake and Jennings were okay, all things considered. DWZ looked uninterested but it's hard to do much when you don't have halves. Api was playing out of position so it's understandable. Peachy looks like he's on the brink of some red hot form but today he was rocks and diamonds. Plum was pretty good too.

We were pretty strong up front out of the sheds, spent plenty of time camped inside their 20 but exhausted ourselves in attack (we're the only team capable of that I'm certain). No combinations at all with these halves. I got the impression Ivan told them to offload all game because that was the only way we were going to find points - in open space rather than backline movements and set plays.

We weren't strong enough mentally at times too but that's understandable given the side. Easy to rattle the young guys' confidence and it begins to show with panic plays and errors. Plus it puts pressure on everyone.

Side note: I actually thought the Blake touch was back, and I think we were unlucky it was sent upstairs no try instead of try because the ambiguity always meant the referees call would be followed. We seem to be pretty unlucky - be it how the call is sent upstairs, or just having things overturned. We need to just have props fall over the line because the second it's sent upstairs I have a heart attack. Generally I think BOTD took one layer of ineptitude out of decisions but that's just me.

Edit: Carty and Mansour were MIA. What the hell is up with Carty? Ivan doesn't seem to have him playing right.

Last edited:

Pomoz

Bench
Edit: Carty and Mansour were MIA. What the hell is up with Carty? Ivan doesn't seem to have him playing right.
He is coming back from a broken leg last year. It has hurt his confidence and having had a similar injury myself I can tell you that it hurts like hell at least a year after you do it. It takes a while to get your mobility back. He looks like he is playing within himself right now. At least he isn't making errors.

Pomoz

Bench
3 - RCG - Best forward on the field for both sides. Considering his age, he really looks like he could be a top class prop.
2 - Moylan - Tried his guts out. I thought Johns didn't give him the ball enough.
1 - Plum - Did plenty of work as a lock and his trademark hits are starting to come back.

GongPanther

Referee
Can't really give points on that effort although we do have so much cattle missing,it is not going to be like last year when we were pulling wins out of our backsides with better more experience in the reserves.

But if forced:

1/ RCG

2/ Moylan

3/ Plum.

Last edited:

Doomednow

Bench
I've got a controversial opinion on Cartwright. He's not ready. Peeps on here are just too eager for him to be on first grade despite him just not having the ability to perform consistently. Yet.

Hate on, bros.

Latest posts