What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 16 vs Tigers

TheFrog

Coach
3- Simmons
2- Watene-Zelezniak
1- Wallace

HM's, quite a few- Koroisau- best game in our colours by some way.
Whare- not Mom but very solid.
Peachey- very dangerous in the second half.
Mansour- welcome back big boy.
It was a game won with defence in the first half when Wests had all the ball.

Seven tries to two and the Tigers were flattered by the scoreline.

chrisD

Coach
Couldn't have hoped for much better, yeah it was only the Tigers and their edge defence was non existent but it was everything we needed. Wallace stepped up, Whare is back, DWZ getting in the game and our edge defence functioning like it was before everyone got injured.

I'll take Api over Segs, gets the forwards rolling better, no dumb shit, less mistakes, I'll take that over Segs more dynamic running game.

Sloppy kick coverage for their 2 tries the only real concern.

soc123_au

Staff member
Started to see what DWZ really can offer in the top grade today. Hitting holes at pace and being a genuine handful. Chimes into the backline nicely as well.

Whare & the Limmo was shades of 2013. Really good stuff. Poor Lovatt.

Everyone did their job today & hopefully they take some confidence into the souffs game next week.

Copperhead

Juniors
Couldn't have hoped for much better, yeah it was only the Tigers and their edge defence was non existent but it was everything we needed. Wallace stepped up, Whare is back, DWZ getting in the game and our edge defence functioning like it was before everyone got injured.

I'll take Api over Segs, gets the forwards rolling better, no dumb shit, less mistakes, I'll take that over Segs more dynamic running game.

Sloppy kick coverage for their 2 tries the only real concern.

That's what I've been saying all along. Agree with the rest of your summary too.

Panther Pete

Juniors
Well Mansour sure made a difference out there today, he was a handful all day. That would have to be Api's best game for us and hopefully he can carry that form on to next week against his old team. Simmo 4 tries, that's right 4 tries so that should silence his knockers at least until next weeks game. In fact all the boys showed that enthusiasm today that was there last year but missing for the most part this season and I just really hope that win will give them some confidence to get their season back on track.

mxlegend99

Referee
3- Simmons
2- Watene-Zelezniak
1- Wallace

HM's, quite a few- Koroisau- best game in our colours by some way.
Whare- not Mom but very solid.
Peachey- very dangerous in the second half.
Mansour- welcome back big boy.
It was a game won with defence in the first half when Wests had all the ball.

Seven tries to two and the Tigers were flattered by the scoreline.
How could Whare not be your 3 points? He tore Tigers to shreds and was a big part in 3 of Simmons 4 tries

For me
3. Whare
2. Wallace
1. DWZ

Simmons was great at his finishing. But the majority of the hard work was done. Pretty much everyone did their jobs but Whare was easilythe biggest mismatch for us. Good to see DWZ and Wallace have good games for the first time this year in those positions.

lsta5838

Juniors
Really happy to get the win. Yes tigers were bad, but we actually took our opportunities esp in the 2nd half. Haven't had a win for a while, so hopefully we get a big boost of confidence from it, and it propels us towards the finals

GongPanther

Referee
We stopped the penalty flow and the costly ball handling errors that marred the first half.

Imagine the score if the first half mirrored the second?

3/ Wallace.

2/ Whare.

1/ Simmons.

Whare deserved MOTM strong solid running. Always looked dangerous. Koroisau way too good for NSW Cup, won't surprise me if he signs with Souths. Other than Lovett most of our tries came from the fact the tigers couldn't tackle.

Our 40-0 win against the Titans was great but that was our best performance of the year. Certainly a great 80 MINUTE performance.

mxlegend99

Referee
But Soward wasn't playing very well.

Why wasn't he nailing them conversions.

I hope he doesn't have a injury he is hiding
I think he's still bouncing back from injury and the hit from Pauli has his confidence down a bit. He has barely played any football this year and in the games he has played he hasn't had much luck.

Latest posts