What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 17 vs Souths

box57l

Juniors
Great performance tonight, team is building nicely.

I'm very concerned that we're letting the wrong hooker go, thought Api was outstanding tonight

I have to agree here, when Api has been playing we look so much more cohesive. Segs just doesn't have the mojo he had last year, hopefully it returns.

Panther Pete

Juniors
Well the boys certainly seemed to have turned the corner and got that intensity from last year back, that was a very sharp performance against a decent team.

3. DWZ
2. Wallace
1. RCG

Panther Pete

Juniors
I have to agree here, when Api has been playing we look so much more cohesive. Segs just doesn't have the mojo he had last year, hopefully it returns.

I agree too, Segs wasn't the same player late last season which was understandable considering his father passed away but he hasn't picked it up when playing this year.

chrisD

Coach
Hell yeah we're back. Best we've played all year. Best that forward pack has ever played. Cartwright just doing what he did in lower grades, a level above, 80mins. Just 3 tries conceded in 2 games all from kicks. Soward and Wallace control when to come in and the outside players have learnt to follow their lead.

Need Api playing 80, big drop in service when Brown goes DH.

betcats

Referee
I agree too, Segs wasn't the same player late last season which was understandable considering his father passed away but he hasn't picked it up when playing this year.

He started the year on fire, nrl 360 did a stats comparison of him vs the best hookers, smith, luke etc after a few rounds and he was blowing them away. Since he got hurt api has been the better option but i think this is just a slump.

soc123_au

Staff member
RCG, Plum & Manu laid the foundation in the first 20. Great team performance & good to see Wallace back up on last week. DWZ was outstanding at the back as well. And Cartwright, he is just something special.

GongPanther

Referee
5- Wallace
4- Cartwright
3- Api
2-DWZ
1-Plummy

IMO, should be a top 5 awarded in games.

The defense won that game for us.

The Teach

Juniors
ET breaks the 50 tackles in a game stat yet again tonight with 52. The guy is a tackling machine and my man crush for him grows every week. He really is the glue that keeps our defence together.

The Teach

Juniors
My points for this week:
3. Wallace
2. Bryce
1. DWZ

HMs: Yeo(thought he had his best game yet in the top grade), plummy, RCG (both took it to the big boppers early), sammy mc (seems to be improved since starting off the bench)

betcats

Referee
The story about the doctor lying to him about the injury has to be bullshit? Wouldn't the doctor be at fault? Can't lie to a player but then tell his club

I dunno quotes from bryce himself in the paper today saying just that. I can understand it even without knowing that he said he had his bad moments. Good feature on him actually in the tele. The surgeon who said it is apparently one of the best ankle guys in the world according to the article.

Last edited:

franklin2323

Immortal
Imagine where we would be if we hadn't of dropped the 3 games against teams that won't make the 8.

Interesting where's the injuries made us lose people now? This is what we are capable of. The right side is deadly

Luke Bowden

First Grade
Api is good but people seem very quick to forget what Seg can do

Api has a huge potential and one day will be as good as Segz, but he isn't close yet.

Segz defence is far superior and he's an 80min player.

Wait till he gets back on the park with Wal and Sowie steering the ship. I feel like his game has suffered a lot this year because he has been trying to do everything!

mxlegend99

Referee
Plum was the bloke that impressed me most. Best game he has played in ages. Didn't know he could still bend the line like that.

Wallace had another good game. If he keeps it up and soward can get past his injuries we are in for a great run home.

As for the points. For me it's:
3. Cartwright
2. Wallace
1. RCG

But really everyone was impressive. That was the forward pack performance we saw most of round 1.