What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jarryd Hayne's payment trail leads to former Parramatta Eels boss Roy Spagnolo's Abdu

Bigfella

Coach
Why is there any dispute whatsoever if we are paying him half his previous contract?

Because we now want to pay him a tenth?

Please.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Did anyone read the Brian Smith article, where he said that the success of the Rorters starts at the identification of junior talent that other clubs have and some players that need to be exposed to NSW cup on a regular basis

Said that the best move made at the Rorters was the recruitment person ( ex Melbourne guy whose name escapes me for some reason)

Said he brought the likes of JWH, Cordner , RTS and Pearce , and the likes of Moa and Tupou that have cost them less as they were in the system. Suggesting that gave them room to sign the SBW, Maloney and Ferguson to fill holes that would improve the club

The departed Crusher and Nolan said that you have to sign the best juniors out there and fill around them . Get them to the club and that is the key, of course the Rorters may have better TPAs etc .

So , do we rely too much on our local juniors, etc.. He also said that he had little idea of the cap as that was dealt with by the CEO and the recruitment officers

Thinking about the success at the Rorters and Bronocs, seems a decent article - just putting it out there

We've always been a club that developed our own juniors because we have always had such a good catchment. We went something like 17 years on the trot winning the club championship.

The Chooks rely on recruiting players from other clubs, including us, saves them a fortune. Its not like you have to pay transfer fees like in other sports, you simply offer them wages and the good talent spotters can do well as the Chooks have shown.

They go through stages though, as all those good juniors are mature players now and attracting other clubs as the Chooks cant afford their wages now.

We seem to need a talent spotter from within, as our biggest problem seems to be identifying the players to keep.

Tony Bongo

Bench
Did anyone read the Brian Smith article, where he said that the success of the Rorters starts at the identification of junior talent that other clubs have and some players that need to be exposed to NSW cup on a regular basis

Said that the best move made at the Rorters was the recruitment person ( ex Melbourne guy whose name escapes me for some reason)

Said he brought the likes of JWH, Cordner , RTS and Pearce , and the likes of Moa and Tupou that have cost them less as they were in the system. Suggesting that gave them room to sign the SBW, Maloney and Ferguson to fill holes that would improve the club

The departed Crusher and Nolan said that you have to sign the best juniors out there and fill around them . Get them to the club and that is the key, of course the Rorters may have better TPAs etc .

So , do we rely too much on our local juniors, etc.. He also said that he had little idea of the cap as that was dealt with by the CEO and the recruitment officers

Thinking about the success at the Rorters and Bronocs, seems a decent article - just putting it out there

It was a massive loss when Nolan left. I trust Anthony Field knows he's doing though. I just hope he sticks around.

T.S Quint

Coach
Hayhayn . Some appeal for this thread has been lodged. And my hayhayn sentence could be null and void. 2nd application appeal
Escape from Alcatraz
😃

200w.gif

Latest posts