What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Greatest "1 Year Wonder" Team

captainwarrior

Juniors
Krisnan Inu
Sione Faumuina
Brad Meyers

I think both Inu and Faumuina can't be one year wonders as they were enigmatic in all seasons that they played, were brilliant at times and stupid at other times. Faumuina was special in 2003 though.

Dogs Of War

Coach
Matthew Rodwell. As a rookie looked amazing, won the rookie of the year. Then became bog average the year after and went from club to club.

Pierced Soul

First Grade
Lol Sam Tomkins

didnt even have 1 good season so he doesnt count.

Eddard Stark

didnt make it through the season. pretty sure he was only around for a few rounds

rodney howe (c) --> (that's not cocaine)

not sure you can place him on this team given he only achieved what he did with synthetic help

My dad said as much to his face about 20 years ago and made him cry :lol: :lol: :lol:

thats funny in a sad way

seeing all these names brings back so many memories. Any theories on why a player can absolutley kill it one year but be garbage the rest of their career?

aside from injuries, how does a player show so much ability but then seem to lose it over an offseason?

steggz

Juniors
seeing all these names brings back so many memories. Any theories on why a player can absolutley kill it one year but be garbage the rest of their career?

aside from injuries, how does a player show so much ability but then seem to lose it over an offseason?

Teams work them out and stifle them

Shaun Hewitt

First Grade
Rhys Wesser in 2003.

Made it look like every other player on the field was moving in slow motion that year, never seemed to run quite as fast again. Was okay in 2004 and started 2005 well before falling away.

My most vivid memory of Rhys Wesser was when we (The Warriors) were spanking the Panthers at Mt Smart, kept the Panthers to 0 for the most part, Wesser went over to score, put the ball down one handed but dropped the ball instead for a No Try. :lol: :lol:

Ones that spring to my mind

Brad Tighe - Had one good season at the Knights, then dropped off
Leon Bott - Another one season wonder.
Would Zillman be in this category too?

For the Warriors, anyone suggesting Ali Lauititi or Sione Faumuina are just stupid.
I'd say for the Warriors, we'd go with Richard Villasanti.