What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

your favorite thing about a new season

V

Vasilevsky

....for me it's the optimism of what a new season may be for the saints.

This season in particular holds more promise of success than any this decade (with the possible exception of '11 but I think mentally we were gone once Bennett and Scott announced they were bailing)

A well rounded squad with great depth, some added size up front, benji playing for his future, coming into round one off the back the last trial where we thumped a much fancied warriors at home and most importantly scoring a shed load of tries to prove we have attacking ability in spades.

Only 10 sleeps to go...

You mean Bennett and Gaz? Supercoach Price didn't want Scott who left a year after Bennett.

Last edited by a moderator:
V

Vasilevsky

What about your complaining about Widdop ever since you arrived, does that seem justified???

Not that it's any of your business but BrissyRedV and I reached an agreement. And no, you are not important enough for me to elucidate it to you.

V

Vasilevsky

When Scott announced he was following Bennett in early '11 and the pillaging began I think it broke them mentally after that.

Hmmmm maybe but it seemed to me that by the mid-way point of (was 2011 supercoach Prices first year?) the rot had well and truly set in.

Dragsters

First Grade
Hmmmm maybe but it seemed to me that by the mid-way point of (was 2011 supercoach Prices first year?) the rot had well and truly set in.

Price took over 2012 but we agree that the rot had set in the year prior with everyone following Bennett to the Knights

The Nick

Bench
As someone who lives outside Sydney and no longer has the time to travel to our home games I'm really looking forward to the new TV deal.

No more listening to Gus Gould spend 80mins rag on the game that he owes everything too.

Thank you Dave Smith.

Weipa Dragon

Juniors
Seeing us play is number one but seeing young blokes step up and take the game by the horns is always admirable. Also, anyone over 30 who belt the young blokes.

V

Vasilevsky

As someone who lives outside Sydney and no longer has the time to travel to our home games I'm really looking forward to the new TV deal.

No more listening to Gus Gould spend 80mins rag on the game that he owes everything too.

Thank you Dave Smith.

Personally I find a lot of his criticism very intelligent. Not all of it but a lot of it.

SBD82

Coach

Thank you Dave Smith.

Also no more raaaaayyyy and listening to Rabs' early onset dementia. Double thanks to Mr smith.

giboz71

First Grade
It's nice to approach a new season with some confidence. I wasn't sold on Mary when he was appointed, but he's proven himself. Making the 8 in his first full year is an excellent achievement.

Think we've recruited reasonably well and at least we're in the conversation when big names are in the market.

I approach this year with optimism, moreso than 2012-2014 when it was obvious we were going nowhere.

Sheridan Stand

Juniors
Thanks old timer.

My dad never ever missed a KJO game (ever) and we always sat in the exact same spot. We were on the second wooden bench back from the fence right underneath the red dot at the northern end of the ground (facing the school).

We also went to the SCG games and we would stand at the front of the Sheridan stand.

I remember standing on the steps that led up to the sheridan stand with my brother and a mate, so we could see the ground, while dad and his mates drank Reschs and stood on their metal Eskys.

One year, I think 1979, saints players were standing next to dad watching the prelim final as they had already made the grand final and had the week off. I went up to them for autographs and towering Graeme Wynn handed me and let me sip his beer while he signed my jersey. Great memories. My Dad was the best.

The Nick

Bench
Personally I find a lot of his criticism very intelligent. Not all of it but a lot of it.

So do I at times, but there's a time and a place and when he spends 15 minutes whinging about a rule that should be changed or why Gallen shouldn't be picked for Origin instead of commenting on what's actually happening in front of him it gets tiring real quick.

Also no more raaaaayyyy and listening to Rabs' early onset dementia. Double thanks to Mr smith.

x2 on that.

saying goodbye to the missus, as you get in the car and drive to the game.

Haha very good.

V

Vasilevsky

So do I at times, but there's a time and a place and when he spends 15 minutes whinging about a rule that should be changed or why Gallen shouldn't be picked for Origin instead of commenting on what's actually happening in front of him it gets tiring real quick.

That's true.

TruSaint

Referee
Thanks old timer.

My dad never ever missed a KJO game (ever) and we always sat in the exact same spot. We were on the second wooden bench back from the fence right underneath the red dot at the northern end of the ground (facing the school).

We also went to the SCG games and we would stand at the front of the Sheridan stand.

I remember standing on the steps that led up to the sheridan stand with my brother and a mate, so we could see the ground, while dad and his mates drank Reschs and stood on their metal Eskys.

One year, I think 1979, saints players were standing next to dad watching the prelim final as they had already made the grand final and had the week off. I went up to them for autographs and towering Graeme Wynn handed me and let me sip his beer while he signed my jersey. Great memories. My Dad was the best.

You can cherish those moments forever. Nice and thoughtful post.