What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 1 vs Eels Discussion + Voting

Frank_Grimes

First Grade
My expected line up:

1. Boyd
2. Oates
3. Kahu
4. Roberts
5. Eden
6. Milford
7. Hunt
8. McGuire
9. McCullough
10. Blair
11. Glenn
12. Thaiday
13. Parker

14. Nikorima
15. Wallace
16. Gillett
17. Ofahengaue

I think Moose will get the nod after his strong showing against Wigan. I reckon Eden is probably the option Bennett will go for, and I'm keen to see Sam tearing up the fringe of the ruck once more. Hopefully he can have a running battle with Beau Scott the same way he mind f**ked JWH last year.

Bronco18

Juniors
My expected line up:

1. Boyd
2. Oates
3. Kahu
4. Roberts
5. Eden
6. Milford
7. Hunt
8. McGuire
9. McCullough
10. Blair
11. Glenn
12. Thaiday
13. Parker

14. Nikorima
15. Wallace
16. Gillett
17. Ofahengaue

I think Moose will get the nod after his strong showing against Wigan. I reckon Eden is probably the option Bennett will go for, and I'm keen to see Sam tearing up the fringe of the ruck once more. Hopefully he can have a running battle with Beau Scott the same way he mind f**ked JWH last year.

I think Thaiday is finishing his Broncos career as a middle forward, at least unless we lose a backrower. The way the team is going, Glenn and Gillette will play big minutes out wide like the end of last year while we keep a fast rotation in the middle.

Frank_Grimes

First Grade
I think Thaiday is finishing his Broncos career as a middle forward, at least unless we lose a backrower. The way the team is going, Glenn and Gillette will play big minutes out wide like the end of last year while we keep a fast rotation in the middle.

There was an article in the lead up to the All Stars game where Thaiday mentioned he might be shifted back out wide. He seems to be focusing on fitness and wants to be an 80 min player due to the lower interchange this year.

"Thaiday says he is open to a permanent move back to the second row, but ultimately it will be World All Stars and Brisbane Broncos coach Wayne Bennett's decision."

http://www.nrl.com/thaiday-set-for-positional-switch/tabid/10874/newsid/92767/default.aspx

Whether Thaiday will ever be a true 80min player is debatable.

Packy

Bench
I hope you f**kers win. I accidentally placed a bet on 1st round you vs Eels in the instead of at the 9's (which you didn't win I might add).

Country Bronco

Juniors
I liked how sammy approached Bennett first to be on the bench. As a senior player he understands his place and more so importance to the team. It's a great attribute to have putting the team first. Sam is one of the best players in the world and to have him as a weapon off the bench makes our team much better.

ZEROMISSTACKLES

First Grade
Corey Oates the best winger on the field tonight and you can betcha Radradra would agree with me.

James Roberts I heard he was good. Oh actually every year I hear he's good. He must be a song because I only hear he's good but I don't SEE shit.

Bazal

Post Whore
I wonder if Eels fans are getting sick of these false dawns?

Played with no halves, looked ok but lacked options and direction. Kelly is admirable in his effort every week he plays but he's just got no skills whatsoever.

Broncos too fit, cohesive and well drilled in the end, but we were reasonably good given the halves situation and kept trying (without reverting to Parraball which is a plus). Much closer game with Foran and Norman for 80 mins IMO.

I doubt either side will want to look at the tape too closely, it was a rusty old game

Maroon4life

Juniors
Wasn't a very enjoyable game to watch after the 20 minute mark. The main positive was I thought we defended well and our attack probably suffered as a result, with some match fitness we will look sharper each week.

3. Corey Oates
2. Corey Parker
1. Matt Gillett

Last edited:

GoTheBroncs

Staff member
Pretty uninspiring performance but we got the job done I suppose. Could have been a real different story if they had Foran/Norman for the full 80 though.

3. Gillett
2. Oates
1. Parker

Milf was good and Offa was great off the bench. Kahu was really good until he went off.

Thought Wallace didn't offer much from the bench and Eden is lucky now that Kahu is out as he all but played himself out of a spot.

Rhyno

First Grade
Are bronco fan seriously happy with that win?

Eels were the better team and were robbed blind

lockyno1

Post Whore

Meh one team gets 2 points, the other has to have Luke Kelly as halfback lmao:lol:

Who cares how you win, it's round 1 for crying out loud

Vaisefuder

Juniors

Your team was shit and was easily accounted for without the Broncos having to leave second gear, and going back into first after half time. That's all it boils down to.