What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels Salary Cap MK III

Status
Not open for further replies.

yy_cheng

Coach
I'm sick to god of this bs already. I'm certain 2016 is over unless we make some stupid decisions thru desperation.

What I want to see here, is some sort of action against the NRL. The salary cap ain't working. TPA's ain't working. How can a team consistently be filled with test stars compete in the same competition against a team like the Tigers or Titans.

The current structure is so badly outdated. It won't matter if we are cap compliant or not. 2017, 2018 or 2020, we will just be making numbers up. Something needs to be done!!!

I like the idea that the Parramatta Rugby leagues club offers $500k-$1M to whistle blowers of other teams for TPA infringements.

That will make a mockery of the NRL.

WOuldnt it be funny

Parra, Nth Qld, Brisbane all playing for no points.

THen they strip off Easts, Souths and N Qld premiership

pedge

Juniors
I'm sick to god of this bs already. I'm certain 2016 is over unless we make some stupid decisions thru desperation.

What I want to see here, is some sort of action against the NRL. The salary cap ain't working. TPA's ain't working. How can a team consistently be filled with test stars compete in the same competition against a team like the Tigers or Titans.

The current structure is so badly outdated. It won't matter if we are cap compliant or not. 2017, 2018 or 2020, we will just be making numbers up. Something needs to be done!!!

Or at least the NRL just comes out and admits it is not an even competition after all, and is basically a european soccer league (this years EPL not withstanding)
At least supporters of those clubs come into a season under no false pretences and with realistic expectations

IFR33K

Coach
Or at least the NRL just comes out and admits it is not an even competition after all, and is basically a european soccer league (this years EPL not withstanding)
At least supporters of those clubs come into a season under no false pretences and with realistic expectations

Week in week out, average civilians like myself spend some sort of money on the brand. Whether it be Foxtel, merchandise, attending games or just watching on free to air T.V. Yet the NRL can't make it a level playing field for all. It's just not good enough. We need a class action against the NRL.

Gronk

Staff member
You've got the answer in your question, mate.

I know. He's the dude who was aligned to Spags and had something to do with the Firehouse.

Is it just me or are the people most vocal about everything at the moment Denis, Piggy, Guru jnr etc ?

ok, how about getting rid of our captain Foz?

That should be enough. Maybe Chooks can grab him.

6. Foz
7, Pearce

Play the same team we had last week.

seriously?? you want to get rid of a guy with 2 years on his contract (which will have to be paid out) instead of someone who is off contract at the end of the year?

10 test players .....

They have a tremendous advantage even without any cheating that goes on. A 1 team town in a large-ish city creates much greater opportunities for genuinely independent TPAs, coz the cross-promotion is far more effective, and the fact that you have a whole suite of metropolitan TV stations with 1 obvious sports love child adds to that. Their promising juniors don't have to move city etc. Now, if they cheat on top of that they get an even bigger advantage obviously.

strider

Post Whore
They have a tremendous advantage even without any cheating that goes on. A 1 team town in a large-ish city creates much greater opportunities for genuinely independent TPAs, coz the cross-promotion is far more effective, and the fact that you have a whole suite of metropolitan TV stations with 1 obvious sports love child adds to that. Their promising juniors don't have to move city etc. Now, if they cheat on top of that they get an even bigger advantage obviously.

Nice houses are always good

IFR33K

Coach
What do you expect him to say when asked the question?

I would of liked this response. "I believe as of today, all clubs are cap compliant, just like we believed parramatta were too. Starting from next week every club in the Comp will be facing randoms audits, where clubs will be scrutinised just like parramatta were. This is a chance for every club to come clean on all matters relating to the salary cap. We have seen the hefty penalties dealt to parramatta, and we at the NRL want to ensure no other teams have such breaches".

Gronk

Staff member

Yep we know all that but I'm sure everyone is :roll: about the perceived "level playing field" and how the "cap works" rhetoric.

I'm sure everything is at arms length ;-). If not they better watch out cos they are an ASX listed company and odds on it would make ASIC very cranky.

^b0ss^

Juniors
Not that the media is trying to stir the pot but every media outlet is talking about who they will cut,so far

Norman
semi
foran
Jrn
maybe watmough..lol
let see who else of the big names they add, at this stage half the backline and jrn.

I would of liked this response. "I believe as of today, all clubs are cap compliant, just like we believed parramatta were too. Starting from next week every club in the Comp will be facing randoms audits, where clubs will be scrutinised just like parramatta were. This is a chance for every club to come clean on all matters relating to the salary cap. We have seen the hefty penalties dealt to parramatta, and we at the NRL want to ensure no other teams have such breaches".

So, Parra had a whistleblower or 2 who told them where to look and who were really happy to provide detail and documents to the NR. Do you really think that walking into other clubs and doing exactly the same stuff as occurs in their regular audits is going to make any difference? What exactly do you propose the auditor does? Go in and say 'tell us where you keep the secret recordings of board meetings?'

I like the idea of the NRL going after agents and leaning on them. That might bring up the whistleblower you need.

IFR33K

Coach
Yep we know all that but I'm sure everyone is :roll: about the perceived "level playing field" and how the "cap works" rhetoric.

I'm sure everything is at arms length ;-). If not they better watch out cos they are an ASX listed company and odds on it would make ASIC very cranky.

Didn't ray warren say the other week, that he spoke to a prominent rugby league figure, and he told him what parramatta has done is what other clubs do. I can only imagine who told him this. Surely the writing is on the wall for the NRL.

Status
Not open for further replies.