What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels Salary Cap MK III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep we know all that but I'm sure everyone is :roll: about the perceived "level playing field" and how the "cap works" rhetoric.

I'm sure everything is at arms length ;-). If not they better watch out cos they are an ASX listed company and odds on it would make ASIC very cranky.

So, which bit of my post do you disagree with, and on what basis?

IFR33K

Coach
So, Parra had a whistleblower or 2 who told them where to look and who were really happy to provide detail and documents to the NR. Do you really think that walking into other clubs and doing exactly the same stuff as occurs in their regular audits is going to make any difference? What exactly do you propose the auditor does? Go in and say 'tell us where you keep the secret recordings of board meetings?'

I like the idea of the NRL going after agents and leaning on them. That might bring up the whistleblower you need.

I'm not sure what the auditor does Barry, but he did sweet f**k all on his first visit earlier this year....

How about they check 750 000 documents like they did us. Surely that's a start? Seize computers and phones. Sound familiar? I'm talking a full blown out audit!

Nice houses are always good

People keep saying this, but......where is the evidence that the players were sold houses below market? Until someone presents that evidence, they're not going to be busted. The sale values (for the land at least) are matters of public record.

yy_cheng

Coach
People keep saying this, but......where is the evidence that the players were sold houses below market? Until someone presents that evidence, they're not going to be busted. The sale values (for the land at least) are matters of public record.

I thought they did but NRL let it slide

El Diablo

Post Whore
I like the idea that the Parramatta Rugby leagues club offers $500k-$1M to whistle blowers of other teams for TPA infringements.

That will make a mockery of the NRL.

WOuldnt it be funny

Parra, Nth Qld, Brisbane all playing for no points.

THen they strip off Easts, Souths and N Qld premiership

the NRL want no part of that though

^b0ss^

Juniors
who is off contract at the end of the yr?
gordon
wicks
jrn...already gone.
can we add to that please least that will give us an idea of whos going.

IFR33K

Coach

They flew up in the morning and back in the afternoon. By then they were cleared. I'm sure the NRL obtained valuations and comparable sales in that time. I'm also sure they traced bank account details on both ends to ensure there was also exchange of money. I'm also sure it was self reported by the North Queensland Cowboys too.

I'm not sure what the auditor does Barry, but he did sweet f**k all on his first visit earlier this year....

How about they check 750 000 documents like they did us. Surely that's a start? Seize computers and phones. Sound familiar? I'm talking a full blown out audit!

When they took our records etc, they knew exactly what they were looking for within those documents.

Audit work starts with an assessment of risk of misstatement, and an assessment of risks in particular areas, and the auditor samples transaction according to the perceived risk levels. Sampling and verifying every transaction (and supporting docs) or huge numbers of transactions for a firm without any idea of what exactly you are looking for will take 100 years to do. In the case of the Eels the auditor was almost certainly looking for evidence to corroborate specific allegations made by whistleblowers. Then, of course, there's the likelihood that for other clubs there's bugger all to find in the club's records b/c they were heaps smarter about stuff.....i.e. not writing stuff down, and not using (allegedly) false or overstated invoices to cover payments to players.

They flew up in the morning and back in the afternoon. By then they were cleared. I'm sure the NRL obtained valuations and comparable sales in that time. I'm also sure they traced bank account details on both ends to ensure there was also exchange of money. I'm also sure it was self reported by the North Queensland Cowboys too.

Again......they had already investigate those transaction prior to the public suggestions. They didn't process this in a day. But people keep posting that they did, so that makes it true somehow.

NRL STATEMENT

NRL Head of Integrity, Nick Weeks said Salary Cap auditors had already reviewed some of the matters raised about the Cowboys today and had determined no further action was required.

?As any new information becomes available it will be reviewed by the auditors,? he said.

http://www.cowboys.com.au/news/2015/07/28/club_statement_salar.html

ash411

Bench

I hear Officeworks is having a sale on shredders this week... :lol:

Source ?

Snoochies

First Grade
Brisbane have it easier to keep good players on less money. It's a lot easier to live up here on a $500k contract than it is in Sydney. Corey Parker lives a couple minutes down the road, his house is on an acre or so, big flashy house with a pool for under $1 million and only 20 mins from the city. Compare that to what you can buy in Sydney. Obviously being a 1 town team 3rd party deals are easier to come by and more opportunities are available to them, they'll know doubt being earning a truck load more than most players. The Broncos wouldn't need to break the salary cap, the players are doing fine by other means no doubt.

Lie to them, refuse to cooperate, bury heads in sand and get what you got.

If they suspect others they will ask for relevant documentation, just like they asked Parra. If they don't cooperate they will do a forensic audit and that sir is the death knell if you are doing anything untoward.

Those dopes running your club clearly thought the NRL would be too dumb to find anything, let alone the invoicing issue. Idiots of the highest calibre.

Chipmunk

Coach
Brisbane have it easier to keep good players on less money. It's a lot easier to live up here on a $500k contract than it is in Sydney. Corey Parker lives a couple minutes down the road, his house is on an acre or so, big flashy house with a pool for under $1 million and only 20 mins from the city. Compare that to what you can buy in Sydney. Obviously being a 1 town team 3rd party deals are easier to come by and more opportunities are available to them, they'll know doubt being earning a truck load more than most players. The Broncos wouldn't need to break the salary cap, the players are doing fine by other means no doubt.

Do you know what the difference is in housing prices and the general cost of living between Townsville and Newcastle?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts