What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels Salary Cap MK IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
I'm so over this. f**k I would of rather played for 0 points.
x2, we are ripping the squad apart and for what???

The outside chance of scraping into 8th spot??? And then the hope the NRL don't f**k us over anyway???

So sick of this shit!!

Chipmunk

Coach
I'd call the NRL's bluff... The NRL have to have us play for points or the Club has nothing to lose by challenging the decisions.

So he's going to a NRL owned club? ummm, new version of the draft is it?

When will people stop with the conspiracy's and just deal with the facts about our managements. This is all our managements doing. You can blame the media and the NRL all you want. Doesn't change the fact that our poorly run club is to blame for the fine, loss of points and now the loss of players. This
Could've been avoidable from the start.

The outside chance of scraping into 8th spot??? And then the hope the NRL don't f**k us over anyway???

So sick of this shit!!

i agree why lose peats if there is a chance at the end of the court case we will be playing for no points anyway?

Djay

Juniors
I really hope pushing Peats out isn't just to play for points.

They had ruined our year, 2016 is over and everyone needs to accept it!

Would have been a bonus to play for points and not lose anyone but if it's gonna ruin 2017 and the future of this playing group then don't do it.

The playing group will be cut IMO, his a loved character you can just tell.

We make the semis and we probably will end up losing all our points anyways. Forget about this year and just focus on going all the way in court with the NRL. If we make the semis some new evidence will come out and they'll take us out of the finals anyways.

So sick of this shit!!

Yeah I'm thinking the same way. Let's keep the team together with the view for 2017. Forget 2016.

IFR33K

Coach

So sick of this shit!!

The NRL don't want us playing in the semis. Only reason we are playing for points is for their benefit. Gate takings, ratings and general interest from the public.

We should just screw what they want and go the opposite direction for this year.

Last edited:

^b0ss^

Juniors
Lets not sit in the dark here,i think we all knew we were going to lose someone.The best result was going to be that we got under the cap lost 12 points and the board went.

If we were going to lose a player i can understand why its peats,he is the only player we have got covered.Peats is one of my fav players in the team no doubt but at the sametime i really dont think we can afford him at the end of the season anyhow.

He would of had to move on unless he was willing to take a pay cut.

Suitman

Post Whore
If Peats has to go, he has to go. We have good backup at 9.
I'm not a fan of writing this season off yet.
All this bravado about fighting spirit and all will carry on even more so if one of the player' fav's is forced out.
The players will want to prove the NRL wrong and play for themselves, BA and us fans regardless.
Last week Norman had signed with Penrith. Semi was also on the way at one stage.
I'll just wait and see how this pans out this week, but I certainly don't want us to wipe this season and concentrate on next season now. We've come too far already this year just to give up now.

Snoochies

First Grade
I love Peats but who knows if he was in BA's plans next year. He'd command more money and maybe we are just fast forwarding then inevitable anyway.

so it looks like Peats is gone, I'm sure he'll be a man about it and tell his team mates to go hard at making the finals without him and wish them luck.
If its the Titans then we still have to play them twice yet, ouch.

eel01s

Bench
Yep. Stuff 2016. Go for broke in 2017. Keep who BA wants to keep and reinforce the seige mentality.

When will people stop with the conspiracy's and just deal with the facts about our managements. This is all our managements doing. You can blame the media and the NRL all you want. Doesn't change the fact that our poorly run club is to blame for the fine, loss of points and now the loss of players. This
Could've been avoidable from the start.

that's true no doubt the NRL and others are getting maximum value for themselves out of the situation but the board opened the door for them by their own stupidity

it is totally beyond me how with the club leaking worse than titanic the board thought they could sneak something this massive past everyone without getting caught

In all seriousness 9 is about the only position we have suitable backup in and out of the 9's we have in our squad he is likely the only one that will get us under the cap.
shame that they added 3 years worth to TPA's this years cap. I hope the next club that gets busted for TPA's gets simliar treatment.

FUIFUI_MOIMOI

Juniors
I'm gutted if it's true re: Peats but i honestly think it's the most logical decision. We have 4 hookers at the club. Peats and IDG are virtually the same style of players. It's a no brainer.

Sucks, but true.

yy_cheng

Coach
In all seriousness 9 is about the only position we have suitable backup in and out of the 9's we have in our squad he is likely the only one that will get us under the cap.
shame that they added 3 years worth to TPA's this years cap. I hope the next club that gets busted for TPA's gets simliar treatment.

Backrow.

KE, Scott, Mau, Moeroea, Gower

We could lose Mau probably

Status
Not open for further replies.