What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

phantom eel

First Grade
There is (well not "deadlift", but "whatever"), it's called equestrian, where they can run, jump, as well as prance around and look pretty.
So would I be right to say that Jarryd Hayne was to rugby league what champion equestrian horse Kibah Tic Toc was to horse racing?

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Jackson Hastings had a blinder in the NYC game that just finished. What's the going price for a top line under 20s halfback?

phantom eel

First Grade
Now that the board have been arseholed we will have heaps of legit TPAs to pay him with.
Well that depends on whether the administrator can organise any legit TPAs... er, I mean not organise any TPAs... er, I mean not organise any TPAs other than somehow "facilitate" them at arms length without offering any tickets or hospitality in return?

hindy111

Post Whore
I do not mind what team we have next season. Aslong as we sign Norman I think we will go fine.
This would be a very well balanced spine $$ wise leaving plenty of money to beef up the forward pack. Alvaro should come into his own next season as should Tepai.They should be seasoned first graders by then. We also will have Tanginoa and Twal who will come into contention. I would still look at a top line front rower and second row option. And guys like Terepo / Gower would be the guys who id be happy to upgrade.

1 Bevan
2 ----------
3 Taka
4 Jennings
5 Semi
6 Gutherson
7 Norman

I suppose the next thing the NRL will look at is whether TPAs are being used as an inducement to play for a particular club. A simple way would be to look at how many of them are renewed (or carry over) when a player switches clubs. I'm sure Todd will get to the bottom of it.

Oscarman

Juniors
I suppose the next thing the NRL will look at is whether TPAs are being used as an inducement to play for a particular club. A simple way would be to look at how many of them are renewed (or carry over) when a player switches clubs. I'm sure Todd will get to the bottom of it.
I'm sure all Thoroughbreds TPAs move with the player. Sure they do.

Chipmunk

Coach
Well that depends on whether the administrator can organise any legit TPAs... er, I mean not organise any TPAs... er, I mean not organise any TPAs other than somehow "facilitate" them at arms length without offering any tickets or hospitality in return?

Who says an Administrator would sign players?

I'd say it would be doubtful they would sign anyone to long term deals.

You'd have to think they'd also know nothing about rugby league.

Noise

Coach

If the TPA agreement runs for the same length as the NRL contract this is impossible to prove unless the player changes clubs mid contract. Jennings did it but it seems his TPA carried over from the roosters (who everyone assumes have dodgy TPAs) to parra making it legit.

IFR33K

Coach
Who says an Administrator would sign players?

I'd say it would be doubtful they would sign anyone to long term deals.

You'd have to think they'd also know nothing about rugby league.

Well I guess it depends who is appointed. What would be the duration an administrator is appointed for?

If the TPA agreement runs for the same length as the NRL contract this is impossible to prove unless the player changes clubs mid contract. Jennings did it but it seems his TPA carried over from the roosters (who everyone assumes have dodgy TPAs) to parra making it legit.
Yes, if you only had one or two contracts to look at it wouldn't mean much. But they have thousands of contracts to look at, and if 99% of TPAs fail to follow the player it's more than suggestive that they are what we all know they are.