What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

whall15

Coach
I dont think he is the player he was a few years ago ... whether thats a result of other factors or just he's on the way down, i don't know

He's only 27, I'd take him as well. Could probably do with a change, it's not like he was the only Warrior to underperform this year.

Even in a bad season he's been okay statistically, averaging 110m a game with 9m/hitup. That's better than all of our props this year except for Mannah.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
He needs a change of clubs and coach, BA could get him back to where he was and we would have one of the more feared packs in the comp.

ash411

Bench
Is there any chance BA may be trying to court Peats back for 2017?
I kind of get the feeling that Peats doesn't want to come back, even if we did want him to.

With what he's (reportedly) said about Parra since leaving, it sounds like he isn't sitting up at the goldie pining about his time at Parra wishing and hoping that BA will pick up the phone and bring him back.

Stevie

Bench
Massive YES to Big Ben here also! Geez I'd love to have him at the Eels, he is an elite prop at his best.

Question- if we agent Hoffman, is it to play wing?

oneguy

Juniors
Is there any chance BA may be trying to court Peats back for 2017?

Didn't Peats urge Hayne away from Parramatta with some negative words about Parramatta ? Can't recall exactly what he said but it sure wasn't complimentary.

Peats dad also let it rip after Nathan was released too.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
If Matulino is looking at anywhere near $500-$600K that the article suggests Manly is offering him ( and it could be inflated a little by the jorno), then he is kidding himself !!

There is no way he is worth that much to us!! That is stupid money for a player that has been average ( but can be a lot better).

Interestingly all the clubs suggested they are interested in him are unable to sign anyone ( knights / dragons) or desperate for success and are on the decline ( manly / Souths).

Gronk

Staff member
If Matulino is looking at anywhere near $500-$600K that the article suggests Manly is offering him ( and it could be inflated a little by the jorno), then he is kidding himself !!

There is no way he is worth that much to us!! That is stupid money for a player that has been average ( but can be a lot better).

Interestingly all the clubs suggested they are interested in him are unable to sign anyone ( knights / dragons) or desperate for success and are on the decline ( manly / Souths).

Likewise we are on the up and that's why we should be looking at players like Nathan Brown who are in their early 20's and have massive upside.

Stevie

Bench
Likewise we are on the up and that's why we should be looking at players like Nathan Brown who are in their early 20's and have massive upside.
To be fair mate, Ben Matulino is only 27 which is prime age for a front rower and I reckon he'd be a sensation under BA.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
To be fair mate, Ben Matulino is only 27 which is prime age for a front rower and I reckon he'd be a sensation under BA.

Yes he probably would be, but would you spend $500-$600k on him ?

It's a lot of cap space and a big risk.

Stevie

Bench
Yes he probably would be, but would you spend $500-$600k on him ?

It's a lot of cap space and a big risk.
Yeah fair point. I think he'd have no problems with form under BA though. I'd think he is worth in the area of 800-900k over 2 years.

Latest posts