What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

From Cutters to Dragons Squad

dragon-83

Juniors
Which Cutters players would you like the dragons offer a contract too? For me one player is Levi Dodd.

Highland Saint

Juniors
He goes alright. Few decent centres coming through U20's and Milne and Aitken in front. Tough call but I do like Dodd

Uplifting

Juniors
I haven't seen enough of him but Dodd looks good.

I, like many on here, would like to see Wakeman play for the Dragons (maybe under the next coach).

I'd take Coote Thurston and taumololo oh sorry thought you meant cowboys! There's bugger all in the cutters worth taking that's why theyre in the cutters we should be looking at first grade players not reserve grade players but the way this rabble is travelling we'll cease to exist anyway.

Dragon Revival

Juniors
I think that Dodd, Hind, Sironen and Wakeman are the picks along with Hutchison and Nona. Coster could be a possibility in the future. Porter looks a solid player.

Dragon Revival

Juniors
Lewis is also quick and big. Earlier in the year I would have backed the Cutters to beat the NRL side if the latter were without Dugan and Frizzell as the Cutters had Mann and Milne and some big forwards such as Hind, Lewis and Sironen and their halves set up a lot of tries,

Dragonslayer

First Grade
I think that Dodd, Hind, Sironen and Wakeman are the picks along with Hutchison and Nona. Coster could be a possibility in the future. Porter looks a solid player.

Your spot on with these players.
The unknown is if they want to play 1st grade, as most have some form of employment that supports their footy and will be there when they eventually give it away.

Dodd, won the coaches award for the Cutters and was selected in the ISP team of the year so to me he would be a more than effective back up for 1st grade as a wing/centre, can kick a goal as well.

Dragon Revival

Juniors
I have seen guys much less impressive than the Cutters forwards play First Grade. Guys like Russell Cox, Peter Spring, Stephen Hurworth, Peter Fitzgerald, Keith Maddison, Steve Funnell, David Barnhill, Will Matthews and Jake Marketo and others were/are more solid Reserve Graders who got a chance at First Grade because there was no one else. The Cutters players that I have mentioned are better than most of the Reserve Grade forwards that I have seen over the last 45
years especially in attack where our First Grade side is sadly lacking.

PerthDragon

Juniors
Just the obvious and big one......THE f**kin COACH!!!!!

Friggin Amen to that one Coffs

At least they would score some bloody points...and still be good with the "D" as McDickhead says.
Plus the players would buy straight into the program, and as sad as it would be for Sigurd or Vas or whoever he is, that Widdop would go pretty good with some decent coaching, and game plan.

Shit look who he has been nurtured by (or should I say "nutted") since joining us.

Anyway lets hope JD has some influence for next year and we don't loose him.... but as we all know it is McDickhead and the Moronic Board that sees no logic, or can humble themselves to make the right changes for our club's future

Pjsaint

Juniors
I'd take Coote Thurston and taumololo oh sorry thought you meant cowboys! There's bugger all in the cutters worth taking that's why theyre in the cutters we should be looking at first grade players not reserve grade players but the way this rabble is travelling we'll cease to exist anyway.
Keep your comments on the west coast there is some fine players in that cutters side and some respect from you on their abilities should be demanded it's obvious that you know nothing about the game or you just didn't watch them play wood duck

Walpole

Juniors
I have seen guys much less impressive than the Cutters forwards play First Grade. Guys like Russell Cox, Peter Spring, Stephen Hurworth, Peter Fitzgerald, Keith Maddison, Steve Funnell, David Barnhill, Will Matthews and Jake Marketo and others were/are more solid Reserve Graders who got a chance at First Grade because there was no one else. The Cutters players that I have mentioned are better than most of the Reserve Grade forwards that I have seen over the last 45
David Barnhill?! Bit harsh. Bloke played 237 first grade games and nine origins. Must have been very bloody lucky!!!

Drakon

Juniors

Thought Keith Maddison was OK, David Barhhill was good and Peter Fitzgerald
Was a tackling machine. He and Peter Sams played way above their weight,

Keep your comments on the west coast there is some fine players in that cutters side and some respect from you on their abilities should be demanded it's obvious that you know nothing about the game or you just didn't watch them play wood duck
hey pj go root your boot it's a forum you idiot and I'm entitled to my opinion and as a paid up member if you don't like that opinion too bad don't get your tampon in a twist I hope you get a wooden leg and get caught in a Forrest fire it's morons like you that give cause to the pro abortion movement!have a nice day!:blush:

Dragon Revival

Juniors
I believe that attack is the main aim. Players like Provan, Raper, Rasmussen, Ryan, Ken Maddison, Wittenberg, Beath, Edge, Stone, Young, Reddy, Wynn, Jansen, Guider, Gourlay, Weyman, Jeremy Smith, Packer and Tariq Sims are the types of forwards that will win you games. Fitzgerald was a good tackler and Keith Maddison was a solid player. Barnhill was a good player that played above his weight. The Dragons this year could not score points. I look forward to next year as I believe that the newly promoted players and new recruits will hopefully play a more attacking style of football. As soon as Weyman, Costigan and Smith departed our pack became second rate. Host and hopefully Leilua appear to have the talent to bring our pack to a higher level. Injuries also killed our chances this year with Creagh, Farrell, Glymin and Masoe not available.

Latest posts