What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Broncos targeting Jason Demetriou

John moz

Juniors
He has officially been released to take up offer with broncos another 1 gone leaving a sinking ship.

JohnnoMcJohnno

Juniors
There's no way team Coyne etc would have let Demetriou leave unless there was a long term strategy in place.. I have no doubt that Mcgregor is teetering but will be given to round 8 to prove himself - don't be surprised then that the club announce IVAN CLEARY as the 2018 coach - I think Mcgregor will see out 2017 unless it's a disaster and the blue won't need to lay out his contract..

There's definitely something big afoot at the club re coaching ranks - I believe the Demetriou solution would have been too experimental - I think Dragons are targeting a proven coach..

What's this based on? Wishful thinking? The club has shown no evidence whatsoever that they are looking for a Macgregor replacement. It's also pretty clear that no-one from outside wants in. It's like the halfback position - the club can't get anyone so they will fill the position from within.

Honestly I am heartily sick of all this. This club should be an absolute powerhouse. They have tradition, history, a juniors region that takes in a good chunk of Sydney and stretches to the Victorian border. Two Leagues clubs feeding dollars into the club. By rights it should have everything going its way. Instead it is on the cusp of the S-bend.

Old Timer

Coach
There's no way team Coyne etc would have let Demetriou leave unless there was a long term strategy in place.. I have no doubt that Mcgregor is teetering but will be given to round 8 to prove himself - don't be surprised then that the club announce IVAN CLEARY as the 2018 coach - I think Mcgregor will see out 2017 unless it's a disaster and the blue won't need to lay out his contract..

There's definitely something big afoot at the club re coaching ranks - I believe the Demetriou solution would have been too experimental - I think Dragons are targeting a proven coach..
100% they are definitely targeting a "proven" coach namely Paul Mc Gregor.
He has proven beyond a doubt he can't coach.

Ben_Kusto_magic

Juniors

I tend to agree. i Think there is a bigger picture here

FMD. You're worse than JBoy.

Straight Shooter

Get2dachopper!

Juniors
So what do ya reckon now Coyne, hey? Things appear to have gotten worse since that little newspaper interview you did a few weeks ago. I think its about time you gather some of these friends of yours and lead some type of coup of the board..........

grouch

First Grade
We lurch from one folly to another. To describe us as a "rabble " seems generous. It's self-sabotage

Gareth67

First Grade
Utterly gutted by the news , I truly looked upon him as the answer to the teams woes .

After all of the ' forecast ' signings of recent months , both player and coaches , one would have to be a fool to have any faith whatsoever , in any rumoured acquisitions for 2018 .

As for the Board , they should be hanging their heads in shame , as Demetriou had shown tremendous ability in getting the best out of his teams .

Everyone saw this coming , yet they still could not prevent it from occurring . As has been said , " well we will miss you , but we will be able to replace you " . What an absolute abortion , they have no idea how to run any business venture , let alone one that is successful .

Absolutely disgusted !

Daniel Bartolo

Juniors
When price was sacked I thought how is doust still there,MacGregor must go but more importantly doust must go. It's a depressing situation as a dragon supporter

Last edited:

Carlton

Juniors
These decisions cant just be inept management, it's hard to believe they're not pre meditated with a clear end game in mind. Just imagine if they did relocate St George, what would happen with the Leagues Club? Site redeveloped perhaps? Out of all the interested parties NRL, Doust/Board, Media, Developers, Fans who would be upset? You got it only the fans, everyone else makes their money.

They could have prevented it they could have said no you have to honour your contract for 2017.

They choose not to and the answer seems fairly simple Mary didn't want anyone that will challenge him for his job and make him look bad and JD did that in spades made him look like the dick head is truly is.

When a head coach can't even be bothered to use a mans name when critisicing him and uses the term the attacking coach you know damn well that person will be gone soon enough.

Mary wants to srround himself with yes men and that is Hornby and Young who both are way out of their depth but don't have the guts to quit.

It will be interesting who they bring in to replace Ayoub and the Cutters will look for their own coach to replace JD and lets just say people associated with the Cutters are far from impressed except that parasite O'Connor.

Yet another right royal f**k up

We let a coach leave that has won three consecutive titles to keep a f**king moron as head coach whose coaching record at the Cutters and Dragons was dismal. His best coaching position was as water boy.

Stubborn moronic board members refuse to accept the reality that they f**ked up in appointing Mary in the first place. Dig there heals in rather than accept they made the wrong decision, and continue to keep there heads firmly in the sand.

Take a bow JV Board. If you loved the club as we supporters do, you would resign on mass.

Carlton

Juniors
Sometimes a limited income with a strong balance sheet with under utilised assets is not a good thing. It presents an opportunity to make a profit for anyone willing to turn that balance sheet into cash.