What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 6 vs Rabbitohs

betcats

Referee
Will be good having Fish back but its a shame CHN will likely drop out of the side. He'd be good off the bench.

betcats

Referee
Waqa back in the centres is the silver lining there though id prefer to have Peach fit. Can't see Edwards being picked over Hiku though you never know.

ACTPanthers

Bench
Shame Peach is out - Does anyone think Hiku just moves into the centre spot and Hook will keep Blake on the wing? I hope not but could see it happening

How many good games has Hiku had since he joined us? Has he had any?

So frustrating.

Only reason to play him is if they're shopping him to other clubs, can only hope that's the case.

betcats

Referee
How many good games has Hiku had since he joined us? Has he had any?

So frustrating.

Only reason to play him is if they're shopping him to other clubs, can only hope that's the case.

That's harsh, he started last season quite well, he had some poor defensive efforts but he was making good metres and scoring before he got hurt. I don't think Hook will play him in the centres, he started the year with Hiku on a wing and blake in the centres, it was only Whares ineffectiveness on the wing that got Blake moved to the wing.

We really are not having any luck with injuries again this year... although our depth is still quite amazing. Looks like Peachey and Mansour will return around the same time then.

martielang

Bench
Where players are named and where they play are two different things.

Hopefully Hiku plays on the wing with Blake at centre.

ACTPanthers

Bench
Where players are named and where they play are two different things.

Hopefully Hiku plays on the wing with Blake at centre.

Which is a bit weird imo - If there are injuries, sure, that can't be avoided, but why are we naming players in positions they're not going to play? Is it mind games from the coach? If so, pretty sure teams have figured it out by now...

That's harsh, he started last season quite well, he had some poor defensive efforts but he was making good metres and scoring before he got hurt. I don't think Hook will play him in the centres, he started the year with Hiku on a wing and blake in the centres, it was only Whares ineffectiveness on the wing that got Blake moved to the wing.

Maybe I'm just frustrated with him likely getting game time in front of Dylan Edwards. I find some of Hook's selections bizarre.

Which is a bit weird imo - If there are injuries, sure, that can't be avoided, but why are we naming players in positions they're not going to play? Is it mind games from the coach? If so, pretty sure teams have figured it out by now...

More than the jersey numbers have been figured out going off the past few performances

Fibroman

First Grade
I still think it's a bit early to be negative about our season so far.

First game jitters against Dragon. Beaten by the Rorters/refs in wet conditions and then beaten by the competition front runners where we always struggle.

We will bounce back this week.

Once we have Mansour, Peachy and Cartwright all fit and playing well, we will be a very different side. We will be like the 2003 side in that we will simply out score our opponents every week.

Peach won't get the centre spot back off Blake imo. Will be good for the balance of the team in the long run

It's a tough one.

Peachey has looked great in attack, particularly broken field. But then there are some questions over his defensive reads & his lack of passing.

Begs the question, if they think the team balance is better with Blake/Whare in the centres & Peachey coming off the bench, then perhaps we'll re-sign Whare after all?

franklin2323

Immortal
It's a tough one.

Peachey has looked great in attack, particularly broken field. But then there are some questions over his defensive reads & his lack of passing.

Begs the question, if they think the team balance is better with Blake/Whare in the centres & Peachey coming off the bench, then perhaps we'll re-sign Whare after all?

I still think Peachey can do his bit just as well from another position. 3-4 weeks here you would think for Whare/Blake to cement themselves as our top centre pairing. If they do then re-sign Whare.

On Hiku. He is on the bench to be back cover and play a bit of backrow. Even if Bryce is back he won't be fit enough to not need Hiku on the bench. after a few more games though

I still think Peachey can do his bit just as well from another position. 3-4 weeks here you would think for Whare/Blake to cement themselves as our top centre pairing. If they do then re-sign Whare.

On Hiku. He is on the bench to be back cover and play a bit of backrow. Even if Bryce is back he won't be fit enough to not need Hiku on the bench. after a few more games though

He can do it from another position, but it's much harder if that position is the bench.

To me it's either going to be starting centre or 30-40 mins from the bench. And if it's the bench he's likely playing in the middle of the field, far less opportunities from broken play. That's why it's such a tough decision.

Latest posts