What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 18 vs Storm - Team List Thread

strider

Post Whore
I had Pou on ignore 2013 and 14. He was unbearable back then! Big improvement since.

The new site makes the ignore function annoying. You can't tell that someone is replying to someone you ignored and stupidly enter into a discussion, so i took everyone off except 111. He never says anything interesting.

If they had the same formatting as the old forumnI would block half the spam and just get the footy posters. Sadly the place is unreadable when a few volume spammers are on ignore - it makes no sense. I realize many like it that way but it doesnt work for poor little me.

Why did I waste all that time typing when I'm on ignore by everyone anyway?
All the posts of the dudes we have blocked is actually on the page - it is just hidden via some styling ... some changes to the styling could probably easily make it so we can at least see people are quoting someone we have on ignore - it would at least make some sense then

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I had Pou on ignore 2013 and 14. He was unbearable back then!
Because you were expecting an instant improvement after Kearney left. I told you - coaches are hamstrung by the roster they inherit, not to mention back office instability. Brad Arthur's is probably a great coach and he looks like only making the finals once in his first four years!

So much of it is out of their hands. That's why the best coaches only go to clubs that are already set up for success.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
f**ken bollocks. You got all upset because poo resisted your sexual advances when you kept banging on about wanting to meet up with him. Now youre just playing the victim card. Groover.
Oh is he the one who kept wanting to meet up and spray each other's moustaches? That groover had such a high sex drive for other men!

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Because you were expecting an instant improvement after Kearney left. I told you - coaches are hamstrung by the roster they inherit, not to mention back office instability. Brad Arthur's is probably a great coach and he looks like only making the finals once in his first four years!

So much of it is out of their hands. That's why the best coaches only go to clubs that are already set up for success.
How do I block this f**kstick?

The Colonel

Immortal
Not sure he has enough experience playing in the forwards yet to be thrown into first grade. However I hope he makes a real go of the move and given a few more games in reserves, happy to see him given a shot.

Not that big a difference between centre - where he debuted - and playing in Manu's position. He won't be playing up the guts and will defend three as opposed to two.

Bazal

Post Whore
Edge forwards defend four in.

That actually depends on the team (cue Pou argument)

I can't speak for NRL sides but a lot of the first grade sides I played against (and the one I played in) defended the halves four in.

But that might have been because I was a shocking defender.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore

I can't speak for NRL sides but a lot of the first grade sides I played against (and the one I played in) defended the halves four in.

Since the edge forwards attack three in maybe they just CBF moving inside the half after their team loses possession?

emjaycee

Coach

Were you a running half, an organising half or a five-eighth?

oldmancraigy

Coach

Nah. I was down on Sticky from the start! Expected a massive improvement once he left. I think the unbearableness was you chirping about how well those duds had set us up.
Arthur may well be a great coach, who knows? He might well just be a middle of the road battler. I think he's doing a good job inheriting a team that had gone 17-54 the previous 3 years as well as killing the junior development system.
He's gone 12-12; 9-15; 13-11 and is 9-7. Only 1 losing season in 4 despite the mess he walked in to - not a bad effort!

And can't wait to see the team vs the Storm run out on the paddock (just to bring this back on track).

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Nah. I was down on Sticky from the start! Expected a massive improvement once he left. I think the unbearableness was you chirping about how well those duds had set us up.
Well they certainly did. Of the current full time squad the following players were already signed when Arthur took over in 2014:

Radradra
Norman
Kritchard
Edwards
Ma'u
Moeroa
Alvaro
Terepo
Folau
Davis
Ualesi

Plus Mannah who was here even before 2011.

Arthur may well be a great coach, who knows? He might well just be a middle of the road battler. I think he's doing a good job inheriting a team that had gone 17-54 the previous 3 years as well as killing the junior development system.
I'm pretty sure we have had continuity of care through the junior system established by Kearney (where Arthur learned his trade at our club as an assistant coach). Field worked under Nolan.
He's gone 12-12; 9-15; 13-11 and is 9-7. Only 1 losing season in 4 despite the mess he walked in to - not a bad effort!
Probably didn't walk into such a mess then hey?

Parra47

Juniors
Why would BA start a middle forward (Gower) in the place of an edge forward (Manu) and reduce his middle forward rotation by one?
With Will Smith on the bench for King, BA needs 2 middle forwards on the bench to cater for the starters who come off after 20-25 mins.
Gower can play on the edge and has a good passing game when used out wide.

lingard

Coach
Since my first ever post. Everyone who claimed to have blocked me turned out to be phoney.

I remember your first ever post. It was all about the difference between five-eights and half-backs. I tried to block it but my conscience wouldn't let me.

Latest posts