What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

CRL Rep Footy

Ghoulies

Bench
Maybe its the wine talking, but has there ever been a version of Representative footy (S.O.O, Aus vs NZ etc.) considered for CRL?

If not I think this could be an interesting new element that could be added to the game.

Here's a possible example of how Origin could work...

Each coach declares his state of birth, and based on their performances during the normal season Misty could select a coach for each state.

Then each coach selects their team using players only eligible to play for their state. There should be a salary cap of something around 260, to prevent the state with the most players dominating, and then they play the normal 3 game series to decide the winner.

Any feedback would be great.

lolesi

First Grade
Maybe even taking into consideration the players of the CRL so far??

Like for example say Sinfield, he has got 1 man of the match and a 1 point, so he has 4 pts and he is coming second in the ladder??

I like your idea though mate.

Did it Last season.

As a Victorian I care little about the concept and point to the players welfare and the fear of wear and tear on there bodies :p

mj

Juniors
We had N.S.W ,Queensland and New Zealand.Greg and I were two of the three coaches,we selected the teams,any player picked missed a round of football just as in real life,his team was given a "junior" to cover the loss.Greg coached N.S.W and I coached the Kiwis.

grego

Juniors
mj said:
We had N.S.W ,Queensland and New Zealand.Greg and I were two of the three coaches,we selected the teams,any player picked missed a round of football just as in real life,his team was given a "junior" to cover the loss.Greg coached N.S.W and I coached the Kiwis.
yes but let's not talk about the result ok mj as we were robbed :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ghoulies

Bench
UndertakerMike said:
Did it Last season.

As a Victorian I care little about the concept and point to the players welfare and the fear of wear and tear on there bodies :p

Bah, I must have forgotten that I read about it in the history of CRL.

But it still didnt mention last seasons Quad Series. Anyone wanna tell all us new coaches the results?

bartman

Immortal
If it were to be done again, I agree with Lolesi that CRL player points should be part of the basis of rep team selections.