What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Big Bash League 2017/18

no name

Coach
Hastings is pus, and Fleming finds a way to praise him.

Him being captain is an indication of why the Stars have never won anything.

Wtf is this “wicket of truth” shit Fleming is on about?

Basically, before the game Flem and a player walk down the pitch during an interview (taking 2-3 steps every question). Nothing insightful at all, just fluff (stuff about other sports they follow, teammates, their experience in the national team, etc). If he doesn't like an answer they give then they go back a few steps. When they have completed a run the interview is done and Flem goes into the box to crap on about the segment and the player for the rest of the night, whilst the other commentators have to pretend to be event remotely interested.

If that sounds really dull and uneventful then I have nailed it. If it sounds even remotely interesting then disregard.

jargan83

Coach
Basically, before the game Flem and a player walk down the pitch during an interview (taking 2-3 steps every question). Nothing insightful at all, just fluff (stuff about other sports they follow, teammates, their experience in the national team, etc). If he doesn't like an answer they give then they go back a few steps. When they have completed a run the interview is done and Flem goes into the box to crap on about the segment and the player for the rest of the night, whilst the other commentators have to pretend to be event remotely interested.

If that sounds really dull and uneventful then I have nailed it. If it sounds even remotely interesting then disregard.

I never see much of the pre-game because I’m usually heading home from work when the pre-game is on.

Sounds like it’s good thing because I reckon they could swap Fleming with a potato.

Bazal

Post Whore
I never see much of the pre-game because I’m usually heading home from work when the pre-game is on.

Sounds like it’s good thing because I reckon they could swap Fleming with a potato.

Tbh they could replace pretty much every commentator with a potato and it would be an improvement....Punter, Phlegm and Howie. In the words of The Grade Cricketer, yuck.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Alice Springs on average experiences 340 days of clear skies per year.

Of course for the BBL game tonight it's raining. Well atm anyway. Hopefully it'll clear by start time of 4 o'cock.

TheParraboy

Staff member
Hopefully it will clear, good initiative to take BBL games outside their main areas

Keeping an eye when Thomas Dalton Park will host a Thunder match...

Basically here's an example

DF: When did you start playing junior cricket

Player: I was about 12, at where ever, was pretty hopeless to begin with, didn't really get the confidence till I was about 15-16

DF: Who was your favourite player growing up

Player: I was actually a big fan of Adam Gilchrist, I just loved the way he could change a game with his batting, so yeah, Gilly (Note: Adam Gilchrist is on commentary that night)

DF: Gilly? No! You can't go with him, take a step back! There's still a long way to go on this run, probably the hardest run you've ever had. What other sports where you into as a kid?

Player: I was a big AFL fan, I'm still a huge Bombers fan

DF: Who was your favourite Essendon player

Player: (insert player here) was always great to watch so yeah

DF: Which of your teammates is the most like him?

Player: Ohhhh, geez I don't know

DF: Take another step back, this is tough isn't it! Did you play AFL as a child

Player: Yeah a little bit. but I was a little slow and a little short, probably better suited to criccket

DF: Okay, almost there now, are we going to see you in a baggy green anytime soon now you've walked the wicket of truth

Player: Oh..... the team is going well at the moment so my focus at the moment is to just score runs for my team and hopefully we can win some games. If I keep doing that I can only put myself in contention

DF: Thanks, well you've completed the wicket of truth, good luck tonight, I'll go to the comm box where I'll rub about 6 out when talking about you tonight, 4 of those will be hands free.

AJB1102

First Grade
They spend ages determining whether or not a ball or fielder touched the rope when they’re usually pretty obvious then sit captains out for slow over rate. f**k the other night they had 3 looks at a ball that landed 3m outside the rope.

Dodgy

Juniors
A number of AFL mentions already.

I wonder when they'll ask Tim Bresnan what his AFL team is?

Latest posts