What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pet hates in gyms

Iafeta

Referee
Over the top gym nazi trainers. So I'm leaving the gym after finishing on leg press, old mate comes up introduced herself as the manager and said I needed to return to take the weights off the leg press. I said no problems, it was only a light workout I was only doing 160, how come you allow your fellow trainer to leave 380 on there, how come you don't stop people from leaving the treadmill on the stop screen which then means a complete reboot for the next person or you don't police people leaving the treadmill on stupendous inclines so when the next person comes onto it they have to wait until it self declines to 0, and how come you allow and in fact seem to encourage people leaving Dumbbells scattered all over the floor or if they're in the rack in completely the wrong order? I don't care that I was approached, it's good if there's a standard, but start enforcing it on your serial culprits.

Evil Homer

Staff member
Just spent 45 minutes stuck behind some fat bastard doing ab exercises. This plodder must've been 260lbs, grossly out of shape and was hogging each piece of equipment for 10-15 minutes at a time to do f**king ab exercises, why would you do ab exercises when nobody can see your abs? I couldn't complete my session because this clown was taking so long, to make matters worse he smelled like shit and was sweating all over the equipment, he had some type of towel with him but it just seemed to be spreading the sweat around even more. Pretty sure there would've been complaints if it was busier but there were only two other guys in the gym.

_snafu_

Immortal
Just spent 45 minutes stuck behind some fat bastard doing ab exercises. This plodder must've been 260lbs, grossly out of shape and was hogging each piece of equipment for 10-15 minutes at a time to do f**king ab exercises, why would you do ab exercises when nobody can see your abs? I couldn't complete my session because this clown was taking so long, to make matters worse he smelled like shit and was sweating all over the equipment, he had some type of towel with him but it just seemed to be spreading the sweat around even more. Pretty sure there would've been complaints if it was busier but there were only two other guys in the gym.

Someone should advise fatso to do more cardio and eat less shit before worrying about ab exercises.

Evil Homer

Staff member
Someone should advise fatso to do more cardio and eat less shit before worrying about ab exercises.
My man was at it again today, 35 minutes on the cables huffing and puffing his way through dozens of sets of cable bicep and tricep curls with pretty dreadful form before finishing off with, yep, more ab crunches. I wasn't as annoyed this time because I didn't need to use the cables and he also didn't smell as bad, actually kind of feel sorry for the guy because he's clearly putting in a lot of effort but why the hell he's spending all his time doing ab exercises when he must have at least 35% body fat, there must be a cracking six-pack underneath it all somewhere.

ZEROMISSTACKLES

First Grade
Oh I hate those situations in the gym. I hate to say it, but fat guys like 260lbs need the gym more than you. Im just trying to offer a different perspective that might ease your annoyance next time you come across the fat stinky sweaty hog at the gym.

ZEROMISSTACKLES

First Grade
Over the top gym nazi trainers. So I'm leaving the gym after finishing on leg press, old mate comes up introduced herself as the manager and said I needed to return to take the weights off the leg press. I said no problems, it was only a light workout I was only doing 160, how come you allow your fellow trainer to leave 380 on there, how come you don't stop people from leaving the treadmill on the stop screen which then means a complete reboot for the next person or you don't police people leaving the treadmill on stupendous inclines so when the next person comes onto it they have to wait until it self declines to 0, and how come you allow and in fact seem to encourage people leaving Dumbbells scattered all over the floor or if they're in the rack in completely the wrong order? I don't care that I was approached, it's good if there's a standard, but start enforcing it on your serial culprits.
Ahh there goes a downside to being an approachable nice guy. Who would've thought the downside would appear in the gym.

Evil Homer

Staff member
Oh I hate those situations in the gym. I hate to say it, but fat guys like 260lbs need the gym more than you. Im just trying to offer a different perspective that might ease your annoyance next time you come across the fat stinky sweaty hog at the gym.
No issue with him being fat or sweaty, he can't help that, it was the fact that he spent 45 minutes hogging the equipment to do ab exercises rather than anything that would actually help him. I would've been annoyed if anyone was hogging the equipment in that way but the fact that he was doing something completely pointless made it a lot worse.

Smack

Coach

Not to preach, but in that case it's always good to try and make friends with these people so you can talk to them about nutrition and form.

They might stop going after a week anyway once doms is in full effect, but still, if they are regulars they might just need some advice.

Wizardman

First Grade
In my gym, people not putting weights away is completely out of control. To me, it is a complete lack of respect for the gym and fellow members. The person who wants to lift weights after you could be a powerlifter or an old lady....you just don't know. If I did 160kg on the press, I certainly would be putting those weights away. Unfair to someone of limited strength to do that as well as them cleaning up after you.

Wizardman

First Grade

At least, someone of that size is in there having a go...despite them hopefully gradually developing their training knowledge.

Wizardman

First Grade
Yeah. I couldn't put weight on in my 20's. Could go to the gym, drink all night 4-5 times a week and still be going well. Now in my 40's I only have to look at the wrong food and I put weight on, or have a big big night on the drink, and then question what happened the next 2 days as I recover.
That is me to a tee :)

Wizardman

First Grade
Back in the gym after a looooong time and things haven't changed much.

Favourite gym types:

Male: these blokes must be throwing up some serious weight because you can hear them grunting from 50 metres away. Then when you look over to make sure they haven't busted a nut they've got about 20 kgs on the machine.

Female: yoga pants? Check. Sports bra? Check. Water bottle? Check. Headphones? Check. Myfit? Check. Headband? Check. 2 mins on the treadmill and workout over? Check.

Another fave is the largish chick I've seen 2 times now who plonks herself on the sitdown bike, does 2km an hour all the while watching game of thrones on her phone.
f**king funny.....and true....haha

Wizardman

First Grade
Man, the customer service from some of the people who work at my gym is terrible. Most of them are young pretentious girls who think they are special because they work in the fitness scene. Out of all the girls who work on the front desk, which is...roughly 11, I'd say only 4 of them make an effort to say hello and goodbye first. As for the rest of them, if you aren't a juiced up meathead they're already friendly with, they will ignore you.
That is my gym...lol.

Iafeta

Referee
In my gym, people not putting weights away is completely out of control. To me, it is a complete lack of respect for the gym and fellow members. The person who wants to lift weights after you could be a powerlifter or an old lady....you just don't know. If I did 160kg on the press, I certainly would be putting those weights away. Unfair to someone of limited strength to do that as well as them cleaning up after you.

Yep. I agree. For the most part I do put them away. Always I put Dumbbells away and unpack all barbells. But that chick is in the gym a fair bit and never pulls up other people.

Wizardman

First Grade
I train at a "Goodlife" gym. It is a 24 hour gym with great facilities. Very rarely do I have to wait for a weight/bench or machine to use that trains what I want to train. Most people that train there are actually pretty cool....no particular regular annoys me.

One thing that gets up my nose is people not putting weights away. At my gym, it is pretty atrocious. I also hate it when people don't make the effort to put weights in the same rack as other same-sized weights. Fools just put a 1.25 weight in the same row as a 20kg weight. It takes just a little extra time to do it right and pack them individually. I understand why it is not policed (gym membership money in a very competitive industry) but it is pretty bad in my location.

Everything else is fine.

_snafu_

Immortal
Aaron Woods workout.

3OrUR4Gl9KySaAprcqzPn8R_CFReNWrNlxd7-IEHbHijRSOOhctmEp1KbdLY4iWFC1n1xhSIrPEvYPZpwarnXmUCD2pLU7YtBYUVNcTuAn5kvI_SLkD0Ybise6N7L-_OM6sjnG31gTriPCmzzW3YSd-UeFfiHFc_-64m33pk5PG0MYaXMmX16A=w384-h384-nc

thorson1987

Coach
Back at the gym this morning after not being able to get there much over the last 2 months.

f**king weight plates left everywhere.

Spent so much time between exercises clearing the areas I was using. Ho f**king hard is it to re rack weights?

Iafeta

Referee
The other day, every single dumbbell from 10-24kg was circled around one adjustable bench. Every single one.

I firmly agree, put your weights back but in the 4 years I've been at my gym I've only ever seen someone asked to do it once. Which was me. That's what I didn't like, the hypocrisy.

Iafeta

Referee
What's with dudes looking at the wall mirror and pulling up their shirt and posing? What blowhards. It's half ways like standing in a public park and opening up a trench coat to young lasses.

thorson1987

Coach
Fans.

I hate when the f**king fans are on in the gym.

If someone is there before me and has them on in the area I'm working out in I'll deal with it, but I hate when I'm working out without the fan on and some prick who has just shown up turns it on full blast.

Latest posts