What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed signings - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fangs

Coach
Moylan. Defended well. Some ok touches with the ball in hand but looked rusty. Will have to improve quite a bit to have the Sharks challenging end of year but its only round 1.

Haters gonna hate. Can't work out if this is classic sports fan rhetoric or a Panthers thing. Great players leave the club and they now suck?

Cartwright's turn tomorrow.

Moylan. Defended well. Some ok touches with the ball in hand but looked rusty. Will have to improve quite a bit to have the Sharks challenging end of year but its only round 1.

Haters gonna hate. Can't work out if this is classic sports fan rhetoric or a Panthers thing. Great players leave the club and they now suck?

It’s both. I think some are understandably upset at the way he left, Moylan has to carry some of the blame for his attitude towards rehab etc.

But I’ll forever be puzzled how they made him captain. Clearly not the right temperament for leadership.

Moylan also suffered a lot from the ridiculous comparisons to Lockyer. Lots of fans from other clubs were pretty harsh on him because of that, not his fault, instead it was media hype.

I think his biggest problem is he may not have a clear position. Whilst I think he’s more suited to 5/8 than fullback, he does lack the kicking game needed for a half.

Anyway, good luck to him.

Here we bloody go again.............

http://www.nospam47.com/au/league/l...ny-griffin/1mf5xee26r41z1467jb5vlrrv6/slide/1

Reagan Campbell-Gillard is the latest player rumoured to be wanting out of the disaster that is unfolding at Penrith.

Gus Gould will deny it as only he can - but Campbell-Gillard isn’t comfortable with the toxic atmosphere at the club and is considering his options for 2019.

The Panthers aren’t a happy club - players don’t rate coach Anthony Griffin and Gould’s interference in the running of the team is only adding to the tension.

Star players Matt Moylan, Bryce Cartwright, Peta Hiku and Leilani Latu have already left, with Josh Mansour and Tyrone Peachey set to follow next season.

Now the Panthers face the prospect of losing Campbell-Gillard, who came of age last season, winning selection for the Kangaroos.

Penrith can put all the talk of drama on the back-burner with a first-up win over Parramatta in the big western local derby this weekend - but I just can’t see that happening.

Caged Panther

First Grade
Here we bloody go again.............

http://www.nospam47.com/au/league/l...ny-griffin/1mf5xee26r41z1467jb5vlrrv6/slide/1

Reagan Campbell-Gillard is the latest player rumoured to be wanting out of the disaster that is unfolding at Penrith.

Gus Gould will deny it as only he can - but Campbell-Gillard isn’t comfortable with the toxic atmosphere at the club and is considering his options for 2019.

The Panthers aren’t a happy club - players don’t rate coach Anthony Griffin and Gould’s interference in the running of the team is only adding to the tension.

Star players Matt Moylan, Bryce Cartwright, Peta Hiku and Leilani Latu have already left, with Josh Mansour and Tyrone Peachey set to follow next season.

Now the Panthers face the prospect of losing Campbell-Gillard, who came of age last season, winning selection for the Kangaroos.

Penrith can put all the talk of drama on the back-burner with a first-up win over Parramatta in the big western local derby this weekend - but I just can’t see that happening.

That's been floating around for a few days and RCG came out and straight out rubbished the claims.

Fangs

Coach
Mate Moylans was a drug addict all season last year according to some, that only got mentioned here after he left though it was apparently common knowledge around penrith all season :rolleyes:

Yeah mate. Couldn't help himself, loves the sauce.

franklin2323

Immortal

I said the same reasoning for not moving Moylan when he was here.

For me 2014 was the year to do it. Will Smith or DWZ could of been FB. Had an in form and experienced 7. And at 23 had the 2-3 years needed

Abacus

Juniors
I don’t think my comment was dramatic at all tbh. Dramatic is Martie blowing up about people defending Moylan because they said it’s only the first game of the season.
Probably not. But struggling to see the "blowing up" in the Martie's post either. Probably a bit of pre-Rd1 nerves for a few on here.

betcats

Referee
Probably not. But struggling to see the "blowing up" in the Martie's post either. Probably a bit of pre-Rd1 nerves for a few on here.

Ok well let me rephrase; stating that it’s only one game is not ‘going to extreme lengths’ to defend anyone as Martie put it, that is for certain.

Abacus

Juniors
Ok well let me rephrase; stating that it’s only one game is not ‘going to extreme lengths’ to defend anyone as Martie put it, that is for certain.
Lol. Mate i was just having a bit of fun in that you hadn't denied you were that "dramatic at home." I thought you'd get that from the :p included in my post. Sorry to have troubled you.

tripster

Juniors
I just posted in the game day thread about the match against the Eels.

Based on our forward dominance in that game, as well as the quality of some of the young forwards who I saw in the first trial against the Roosters, as well as the wingers we are developing, I think it is pretty likely that Mansour will leave at the end of the year.

Don't get me wrong, I love the guy and he has been an incredible asset to our team over many years, but his main asset to our side is his kick returns and tackle busting.

That was vital when our pack wasn't eating up the yards, and when we had Moylan at the back. However, Mansour's lateral movement, positioning in defence on the line, and ability under the high ball are all negatives in his game, that given the stage of his career, are unlikely to improve.

I suspect the thinking will be that our pack is strong enough that it doesn't need Mansour to carry them, and we have other wingers coming through that will probably do equally well on kick returns, but who are also much better lateral movers and under the high ball, and will cost us far less than what Mansour probably now commands on the open market.

There will be huge cap pressure on the team in the next few years - I assume Cleary is going to go from something like $250,000 a season to $1.3 or $1.4 million a season (Cherry Evans is on $1.3 million) and we will need to make a lot of room to keep him.

I also suspect that is part of the reason why we haven't stood in the way of letting Bryce and Peachey go.

Status
Not open for further replies.