What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRL Boss doesn't even know who the Cronulla Sharks are

This Year?

Immortal
prophet-of-doom.jpg

Aaron Woods after the round 1 loss to the oh I forgot who they are...

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
I reckon we should indefinitely suspend the nrl for now.

This is clearly the biggest issue in the game atm
All the papers are talking about it Clifferd, it clearly must be the biggest issue facing the game today.

El Diablo

Post Whore
All the papers are talking about it Clifferd, it clearly must be the biggest issue facing the game today.
and if it's mentioned by the NY times then RL is in it's final death throes and we should all start preparing to following another sport

wibble

Bench
This is no different to politics.

Just like putting some clown in as health minister who doesn't know the difference between a tibia and smegma.

We had an education minister once get up in parliament and complain that estimation was being taught in maths, when in his day "near enough wasn't good enough".

Estimating being regarded by educators as an essential skill, well under utilised and undervalued, and part of every good attempt to get a precise answer, and the education minister giving the exact opposite advice in parliament (mind you, this education minister also admitted on live television that he didn't believe in evolution, so clearly not that concerned with STEM subjects).

Just a small example I know, but politicians are so regularly caught out being 2 dimensional it is worrying that Beattie didn't know a fundamental about the game he "loves".

Politicians are regarded so poorly because we suspect they will say anything, wether they believe it or not. If Beattie is part of the NRL now, he has to say he loves it, and has to talk up his "vision". But if he doesn't know the clubs so well that even under the "stress" of being with the "great" Gould, he can't name them, it appears that he is just saying whatever people want to hear, as a politician does, and has no actual ideas about running the game.

I hope this is not true. I hope he has a well thought out and detailed vision. And then we can judge him for the big picture, and not a gaffe.

But it was not an encouraging moment, given his history as a politician, and the NRL's history of hiring people who don't know anything about rugby league.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
and if it's mentioned by the NY times then RL is in it's final death throes and we should all start preparing to following another sport
Precisely

(ignoring the fact it was syndicated there by Reuters)

carcharias

Immortal
Let’s talk about the real issues
Like blokes hair styles

The bloke running the show not having a clue is a non issue.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
you sutherland fans should send beattie a bunch of forget me not flowers..

they're blue too..

d56e9d96463c02a30a026259890dce36--cut-flowers-wild-flowers.jpg

Lambretta

First Grade
If he can't name one of the teams in the NRL right, how will he be able to fix problems with the game?

Can you name one of the real areas of strength that the AFL has over the NRL?
Is it
a) That AFL has a letter F in it?
b) AFL use the words Guernsey and barrack instead of Jersey or support?
c) The AFL has the ear of every f**king politician in each State the game is played in?

Peter Beattie has an understanding of the Politics in Australia - it's a better strength right now than having good general knowledge. But that aside, he mis-heard the question. He knows who the Sharks are.
They're the team with that NSW wanker Gallen in it

carcharias

Immortal
Misheard the question my arse
Complete bullshit
He had no f**king idea

He’d make an excellent vid ref

carcharias

Immortal
Why exactly did they ask that question anyway?

Well the last bloke got it wrong in his first day as well.
It was well publicised and he got lambasted for it.
Most NRL fans would recall it.

Gould was just making a bit of a joke by asking the same question.

100%green

Juniors
Wasn't it Penrith that in first round ran out of water and soft drinks as well as running out of pies or something last year? I could be wrong but I am sure I heard the drinks one this week and recall them running out of food last year.

If this is the case doesn't Gould have more to worry about rather than if the new Chairman knows all the teams and big name players.

The guy is doing double duty on the Comms Games and NRL. So far he is saying and doing the right things bar this one stuff up. And he came right out 50 mins after it and tweeted an appolgy. More than Grant or Smith did when they stuffed up!

In his first few weeks he has said and acted as more of a leader of the game than Grant, Smith and Gallop. He is already putting stadiums and expansion on the table (something the AFL is decades ahead of us in). I am willing to give the guy a chance before calling for his head. People need to calm down!