What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Good luck in winning a title under Mary

So it is apparent that if Mc Foikknuckke said I can guaranteee you to finish top 8 for the next 10 years but never win a premiership many of you would tick the box and give him the job.
Happy as pigs in shit to win more than you lose but actually don’t have the ambition to risk it all to win the comp.
Then to top it all off bag off at the people that would sacrifice top 8 for ten years in favour of attempting to actually win the thing.
Some of you are so easily pleased and risk averse it is very sad that ambition and desire has deserted you.[/QUOTE
I think it is your views of success that is stopping you from getting a root, ov
its that key word “personality”or lack there of

The Damo

Juniors
So it is apparent that if Mc Foikknuckke said I can guaranteee you to finish top 8 for the next 10 years but never win a premiership many of you would tick the box and give him the job.
Happy as pigs in shit to win more than you lose but actually don’t have the ambition to risk it all to win the comp.
Then to top it all off bag off at the people that would sacrifice top 8 for ten years in favour of attempting to actually win the thing.
Some of you are so easily pleased and risk averse it is very sad that ambition and desire has deserted you.
C’mon OT, get some nuance in your views my man.
People can think both that they will enjoy their team playing good football and winning games, and also they want just as bad as you to win the whole thing. And the way you get there is by constant improvement, which unless you’re blind and drowning in bile you’d have to admit we’re doing.
Question for you - how many years would you be willing to lose every single game if it meant you got to win the premier? 10, 15, 20? Because that’s the logical extension of your position - you’d swap two decades of not one winning game to win?
Nuance is your friend, optimism and realism can coexist. Kumbaya dude, give us optimists a hug :hugging:

Frank Facer

First Grade
What will everyone on here say if Mary actually leads you guys to a premiership?
I will say that Mary had the cattle, like I was saying at the beginning of the year. I will say that games are won on the field, like I was saying at the beginning of the year. I will also say that Mary deserves some credit too, like I have been saying after round 4 or so.

St Georgio

Juniors
Some of you are so easily pleased and risk averse it is very sad that ambition and desire has deserted you.
Hey OLD timer have you invested in BITCOIN?

Frank Facer

First Grade
There's no difference between 2nd and 16th. So yes, if we made the grand final and lost I'd still want Mr Potato Head sacked. Play to win.

Aside from what Hunt adds to the team, the acquisition of Graham has been huge. He represents everything that Potato Head lacks, in particular leadership qualities. This is best displayed in his two grand final losses with the Dogs, where he tossed his runners up medallion in disgust. PLAY TO WIN.

Straight Shooter
Ask Newcastle fans if there is any difference between coming 2nd and 16th.

St Georgio

Juniors
16th position is like an earliers 90's Politicians, wanking over recession, milking shit to the masses, while collecting from the treasury office, God bless America!

Last edited:

Crush

Coach
C’mon OT, get some nuance in your views my man.
People can think both that they will enjoy their team playing good football and winning games, and also they want just as bad as you to win the whole thing. And the way you get there is by constant improvement, which unless you’re blind and drowning in bile you’d have to admit we’re doing.
Question for you - how many years would you be willing to lose every single game if it meant you got to win the premier? 10, 15, 20? Because that’s the logical extension of your position - you’d swap two decades of not one winning game to win?
Nuance is your friend, optimism and realism can coexist. Kumbaya dude, give us optimists a hug :hugging:
Thanks. Double like.

Crush

Coach
OT, I was born in a different time from you so maybe that has something to do with our different views but here is mine.
I was born in 1976 and went to watch the 1985, 1992, 1993, 1999 GFs to watch us lose.
In 2010 all I cared about was winning the comp. I didn't enjoy the season at all along the way, all I cared about was winning the whole thing.
When we won the premiership I actually felt empty. Like is that it? I didn't feel any special euphoria like I expected.
I told myself in that moment that it is more important to celebrate the week to week wins along the way than just waiting for that elusive premiership.
I am now really enjoying our wins and think we may actually have a shot at going all the way.
It kind of seems from your comments that you are only happy with a premiership and nothing else matters?
I personally enjoy the wins along the way now and if we happen to go all the way thats the ultimate buzz but not the only buzz.....

Latest posts